An interesting comparison.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think the answer to the question "is e-mtb lazy?" depends entirely on whether the e-mtb rider is lazy.

It's bit like the question "Is photography an art?"

Which of course depends on whether the photographer is an artist.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0433.JPG
;)

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Why are we \ you worrying about the image that e cyclists are lazy? .... What a childish notion. I do not cycle for anyone else's approval.
I don't worry at all either. However, there's a negative, almost bullying, subculture amidst the regular biking community, that do make their comments known to ebikers. Have you not experienced it? A comment, a glare, a furry eyeball? :)

You may not cycle for others approval yourself Danidl. However, to be a club member, it's a different matter. I put it down to the OCD of 'No pain, no gain'. Not happy that some aren't suffering as much as they should be.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
im on drugs as well mind and pissed 3l of strong cider and 1am ;)

Reactions: flecc and LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0427.JPG

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
and yet i only beat them buy 2sec o_O

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I don't worry at all either. However, there's a negative, almost bullying, subculture amidst the regular biking community, that do make their comments known to ebikers. Have you not experienced it? A comment, a glare, a furry eyeball? :)

You may not cycle for others approval yourself Danidl. However, to be a club member, it's a different matter. I put it down to the OCD of 'No pain, no gain'. Not happy that some aren't suffering as much as they should be.

I come from the Groucho Marx school of thought. I would not want to be a member of a club which would accept me as a member....

One of the advantages of growing older is that one becomes innured to the baseless opinions of others and ploughs ones own furrow. And feels free to make up their own spelling

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I come from the Groucho Marx school of thought. I would not want to be a member of a club which would accept me as a member....
Ah, we all make typos, now and then. :p

On regular bike forums, I can see that some do bend to the baying mob. Even when age, health and fitness are at stake. There's a silent majority that do like ebikes and pedelecs and particularly the new e-mtb models. But they generally keep quiet, for fear of being shouted down or ridiculed.

So interesting and factual comparisons, like the one in this thread, may be a good way to go in proving some electronic points. :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: IR772 and LeighPing

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I've never had any bad things said to me about my bikes, but I have had my worms changed by spelling correction.

v8DaveP

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 31, 2016
hertfordshire
Lazy or not i know i just would not go out at all on my un-powered MTB, thats why its sat in the garage for 3 years, i did think about converting it though...

I love going out on my ebikes and go much further than i would have on a normal bike.

I am now approaching 60 and recently retired and have long since given the slightest thought to what other people may think. Most of my friends think its great i am getting out and trying to become a bit fitter... some of which are serious naturally aspirated cycle riders.