Another New Cube Kathmandu Owner

masaiman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2021
Hello all pedelecs,

Been lurking for a wee while here soaking up all the glorious knowledge that's been on tap I thank you all.

Time for a Introduction from me :D.

New to biking and even newer to e-biking.

Just spent a ridiculous amount of my hard earned on a Cube Kathmandu Pro 625 and various cycling related bits and pieces all yet to be delivered, can't wait :D.

Live on the wonderful Isle of Skye right up in the hilly north west corner so thought the Cube Kathmandu with it's 85nm would aide me in getting out of deepest darkest Glendale for forays into the islands many delights and further afield, not least in allowing me to travel the 20 mile round trip for a pint o_O.

My usual mode of transport in Skye/Hebrides and NW Scotland has been by means of Sea Kayak but due to unforeseen circumstances (medical) now find myself limited to two wheels which I got to admit I am really looking forward to :cool:.

All the best to all you pedal turners - maybe see you on the road.

James.

Reactions: 802Kmighty and TedG

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Enjoy ... that part of the world plus an electric bike, you can't go wrong.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Cube Kathmandu Pro 625
A good choice and im sure you'll enjoy it.
I would look to upgrade the brakes at some point. Shimano M200 is at the bottom of the shimano brake range, and maybe not best suited for heavyweight ebikes.
But other than that it's a good build

masaiman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2021
A good choice and im sure you'll enjoy it.
I would look to upgrade the brakes at some point. Shimano M200 is at the bottom of the shimano brake range, and maybe not best suited for heavyweight ebikes.
But other than that it's a good build
Thanks for that AndyBike I will take note.