Another perfect day for riding ....

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Last really great one for a few days - loved it so much yesterday I went back to the same area and it was even nicer today without the handful of people up there on Bank Holiday. Absolute peace and quiet.

The UV was so strong was hard to get decent pics but really nice views :

Need the MTB for some of the tracks really ...

so decided to stick to the better paths.

The kite buggy boys were sat on their buggies looking bored on the huge common at the top lol.

... there are times when it pays to check the wind forecast I guess ! That would be a great spot to run a speed test !

Decided for once to take an hour and a half out in a quiet sheltered sunny spot and actually catch some rays as it's finally warm enough for me - free of the usual freezing British wind that takes the edge off things and leaves me uncomfortable. Really do like my sun and heat.

If the weather stayed like this for 3 months in Summer I wouldn't really bother going abroad and would probably buy another battery and tour a bit too. It's pretty perfect in Britain when the weather is like this. Sadly it's so unpredictable and unreliable along with many gave up on it a long time ago !

Tried the Sport mode but it was such a let-down after the power mode the test didn't last long. Couldn't get up the steeper sections without major effort, beyond what's in any way enjoyable. You have to pedal consistently and firmly to get even the power mode to respond properly and avoid a stall during a prolonged steep climb - it seems to work best at 8 - 11mph depending on how steep the section is. That's still a decent workout - and plenty enough for me of an afternoon !

Now I just need to find a pair of riding glasses ... must have taken out half the insect population of the Wolds on the descent - had forgotten how much of a punch a full sized fly packs at 30mph ! If anyone knows of any proper sports sunglasses for smaller faces at a half decent price please let me know... 95% of the ones I try are way too big and wide.
Thx !

Last edited:

JimB

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2013
Derbyshire
Nice one Alex!

Lidl and Aldi do various types of polycarbonate sports sun glasses as part of their offers. Aldi had simple ones in last week @£4 or thereabouts and I bought a couple of pairs.

If you have an Aldi handy it might be worth a look to see if they have any left. They are not large items and are a comfortable fit.

Jim

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Nice one Alex!

Lidl and Aldi do various types of polycarbonate sports sun glasses as part of their offers. Aldi had simple ones in last week @£4 or thereabouts and I bought a couple of pairs.

If you have an Aldi handy it might be worth a look to see if they have any left. They are not large items and are a comfortable fit.

Jim
Thanks Jim - I'll take a look. Just back from a 20-mile ride to Go Outdoors & back ... the only pair they had which fitted me without being excessively wide between eye and ear were the best part of £140. I think not ... especially since I know darned fine likelihood is they'll be broken or lost inside 3 months :rolleyes: !

How long till the bikes arrive ?