Another what bike? Thread

Stephenmacleod

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2019
Cumbria
Hi all. I'm just browsing the E-bike market at the moment as I look to get a bit fitter with some power assist. My daily commute would be 10 miles each way in a mix of road use, cycle lane use and a bit of off road. There are plenty of hills where I live in West Cumbria so I would be looking for something with a bit of oomph.

I would like ideally something in the mountain bike/ dirt bike style as I have always ridden those, but open to suggestions as to what is the most comfortable. I was hoping for something with decent suspension and a decent display as I would like to occasionally take it on more rough terrain with light trail use in mind.

Budget used is around 600 but new on finance I would be looking at around £1500-1600ish.

I love the look of the Giant Dirt-E but I think it's a bit extreme and probably not suitable for 90% of the riding I'd do

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Hi all. I'm just browsing the E-bike market at the moment as I look to get a bit fitter with some power assist. My daily commute would be 10 miles each way in a mix of road use, cycle lane use and a bit of off road. There are plenty of hills where I live in West Cumbria so I would be looking for something with a bit of oomph.

I would like ideally something in the mountain bike/ dirt bike style as I have always ridden those, but open to suggestions as to what is the most comfortable. I was hoping for something with decent suspension and a decent display as I would like to occasionally take it on more rough terrain with light trail use in mind.

Budget used is around 600 but new on finance I would be looking at around £1500-1600ish.

I love the look of the Giant Dirt-E but I think it's a bit extreme and probably not suitable for 90% of the riding I'd do
For light trail use definitely get a hardtail, full suspension is overkill and more money. A few of the big brands have a Bosch drive hardtail in your budget range that should serve you well, cube, haibike and Scott spring to mind.

HH66

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2018
I don't know where in West Cumbria you are but Cyclewise were very helpful when I was deciding which bike to buy. They're in Cockermouth and at Whinlatter.