Anti competitive practice!!!!????

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Cycle to work scheme.

I should be allowed to choose any retailer in EU is that correct? Has anybody done that at all and does the workplace sort out exchange rate or did you get overseas retailer to bill workplace in sterling?

;)

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Cycle to work scheme.

I should be allowed to choose any retailer in EU is that correct? Has anybody done that at all and does the workplace sort out exchange rate or did you get overseas retailer to bill workplace in sterling?

;)
Depends on your employer. eg where I work I can only get a bike through Halfords.

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
my local authority says basically anywhere but never stated Uk.. Still trying to get an answer from them on this.

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
When I was working we allowed people to buy a bike from anywhere, but I believe the vendor had to be a member of the "cycle to work scheme" or something similar. It's a couple of years soince I was at work, and I can't recall all the details, but seem to remember there are some issues surrounding the VAT status of bikes purchased from other EU states, where this scheme may not be recognised. Mind you, I could be wrong. I was going to buy a new bike through the scheme, but was then offered a golden handshake..................

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Just an update.. They said it was fine as long as the invoice thng was in sterling for them....

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
My employer only entertains the idea if we go through cyclescheme.co.uk

Basically because cyclesheme pays my employer a commission and then does all the work for them, meaning HR barely have to lift a finger.

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
That's jogged my memory, thanks, the reason we had restrictions were the same, because we had to go through cyclescheme, too.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
My employer has the cycle to work scheme, but only allowed to use Halfords.
Yep as the other above this is because Halfords do all the work making it easy for HR