Any one tell me exactly what type of stem this is ?

tepol

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
I need to find a stem like this ( ideally black or chrome /light ) that can fit my bike setup. 25.5 handlebar 1 1/18 bar stem

I cant really find any others like it but Im assuming theere must be , can any one tell me exactly what type of stem it is , and if anywhere else sells them ?

This seems to be the only one i can find. :(

thanks,

tepol

Andrew harvey

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2008
Wyre Forest
www.smiths-cycles.com
Not without see it!
There are two basic types of stem,
A headset, the steerer tube rises straight up out of the headset the stem will have two bolts, Allen head, on the side to lock onto the stearter tube, it will also have a bolt, normally an Allen head, that goes straight down into the steerer tube, this hold the bearings in compression whilst the stem is loose.
The quill stem, this has just one bolt, (sometimes an Allen headed bolt), that passes down into the steerer tube, at the end of which is a wedge normally resebling the end of a quill pen.
Your local bike shop should be of help, if you need to buy one.

tepol

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Not without see it!
There are two basic types of stem,
A headset, the steerer tube rises straight up out of the headset the stem will have two bolts, Allen head, on the side to lock onto the stearter tube, it will also have a bolt, normally an Allen head, that goes straight down into the steerer tube, this hold the bearings in compression whilst the stem is loose.
The quill stem, this has just one bolt, (sometimes an Allen headed bolt), that passes down into the steerer tube, at the end of which is a wedge normally resebling the end of a quill pen.
Your local bike shop should be of help, if you need to buy one.
Sorry I thought i posted the url ,being stuck indoors for 6 months and dhl will do that.

heres the link Amazon.com: KALIN Cruiser Handlebar Stem 1" 220mm 22.2mm Extra Long Bike Bicycle Handlebar Stem 1" 22.2 25.4: kalin: Crosslake Sales

As usual the bloody seller wont repsond on amazon to tell me -typical.

UGH

t
epo
l