Any sneak previews on Cytronex kit?

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Has anyone managed to get any sneak previews or information on what the Cytronex is likely to be like? I am told they will be posting an update on their website next week.

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
I'll take that as a no then. Obviously Cytronex have it well locked down. Go on wet our appetites :)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Not there style I quess, never been very active on here......

Maybe call them saying you want info, as you need to make a decison

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
They have said there will be an update on their website next week. Daahub is still looking the favoured option. If I don't get it working soon winter will be here and it will be next year before I am looking to get a twilight game in at Golf. The whole purpose of the e bike in the first place.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
how you going to carry a set of clubs on a bike?:p

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Replying in order.

The clubs live in my locker at the golf club. However on an interestring note search Bionx on ebay and a picture of an ebike with a golf club trailer pops up:)

The Tonaro went back as the rear subframe mount for the disc brake was unfortunately machined at an angle that meant either the brake was binding or not working at all. Phil gave me a full refund without quibble.

At that point I went for the Trek 6000. Relatively lightweight but with a high level of components and build quality.

Now I am just waiting to get the right kit.

Last edited:

Tex

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2009
Sydney, Australia
on the "no-hills" sister site for cytronex, under accessories, they list:
"Dapush Disk brake Motor
Supply of 3 wire brushless, sensorless Daahub motor for customer to build into wheel
Our Price £215.00
In Stock and Ready to Ship"
A sign of things to come?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
on the "no-hills" sister site for cytronex, under accessories, they list:
"Dapush Disk brake Motor
Supply of 3 wire brushless, sensorless Daahub motor for customer to build into wheel
Our Price £215.00
In Stock and Ready to Ship"
A sign of things to come?
Funny that from a bunch of cycling purists, who have rubbished "others" choice of motors in the past!lol

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I think they were ones they got in to try, but decided not to use.
Fair comment..makes sense

they said back in May bikes would be unveiled in August so clock ticking away.... (no worse then wisper though!) really looking forward to new kit. Although not really my kind of thing I appreciate the thinking behind it.....

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Eddie. Where did you source you daahub?
PowaRider Electric Bikes at Woking (Wisper dealer and service centre) Aranged by David...I was desperate, I needed 2 lighter bikes for summer trip with new but smaller camper. David was good enough to get me one......

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Well on the Cytronex blurb for the Euro Bike show in Germany they say they will be demoing their 'Bad Boy' bikes with a kit based on the new 'Cytronex C1' kit. At least we know what it might be called. I don't get the secrecy regarding kits. Are the manufacturers scared that someone will rip their idea's ? There are only so many variations of a kit.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
And not sure either why we have to wait until this stuff is unveiled to the Germans:confused:

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Bigger market perhaps? Must admit the battery fitting on the Oxygen kit does look very tempting. I wonder what the motor spec is though.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I agree guys. I find it extremely frustrating and irritating that details cannot be released as the same time as blogging or posting the information on the internet...I would prefer manufacturers to simply post nothing and then give the full details including availability at the correct time. As for the 'Cytronex' kit its been so long in coming I've given up with it as I feel it will be outdated by the time we see it :rolleyes:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And not sure either why we have to wait until this stuff is unveiled to the Germans:confused:
Very much bigger market, far larger, better and more comprehensive cycle show than our sometimes rather sad efforts in the UK and of a course the huge mainland European audience and attendance.

It's understandable that releases will be in the most important markets, but delays to do that do give rise to the irritating limited leaks meanwhile to deter purchases from competitors. Not just in our market of course, the motor industry give limited leaks about impending models for up to 18 months in some cases.