Anyone dealt with Electric Bike Sales?

unhappycustomer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 12, 2019
you should replace the whole crankset if the thread cannot be salvaged.
You don't need to replace it with the same crankset, you can replace the damaged one with a better one.
Count the number of teeth (typically 44T) on the chainring then post the information here.
You do need some tools to do this, they only cost a couple of Pounds.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-Cycle-Bike-Crankset-Crank-Arm-Puller-Repair-Remover-Removal-Tool-Black/312439749682
Thank you, there are 52 teeth

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

RetiredAndRolling

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2019
RG24
In reply to post #1, when researching an R-M purchase I had good service from two branches of Electric Bike Sales. One branch loaned me a demo bike they had in stock and I purchased from the other as it is nearer. Bike was setup nicely with accessories added. All ready to go, complete and delivered earlier than anticipated. Very happy.

When you get your bungy strap, there is a knack to threading it and I have not worked it out yet. I will ask at first service but if you have advice to share I'm all ears.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Thank you, there are 52 teeth
Your bike has a hub motor, so the cranks are standard push bike.

Any competent bike shop should be able to replace the crank in about 20 minutes, although they might have to order a new one - usually obtainable within 48 hours.

By the way, it is quite an achievement on your behalf to rile David at Wisper, he is one of the most amiable men you could ever wish to meet.

Neither has it done you much good, given the bike is still broken and the associated grief you've had.

In reply to post #1, when researching an R-M purchase I had good service from two branches of Electric Bike Sales. One branch loaned me a demo bike they had in stock and I purchased from the other as it is nearer. Bike was setup nicely with accessories added. All ready to go, complete and delivered earlier than anticipated. Very happy.

When you get your bungy strap, there is a knack to threading it and I have not worked it out yet. I will ask at first service but if you have advice to share I'm all ears.
My understanding is that Riese and Muller bikes usually turn up from Germany 'ready to ride'.

Mine was.

Having said that, your shop should still have given it the once over, if only as a matter of safety.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks to everyone for their support.

We are still and always will be willing to help anyone customer or not as long as we are treated fairly and politely.

We are extraordinarily busy at the moment selling hundreds of bikes a month. As you can all see I don’t post here as much I used to or would like, this is due to pressure of work. During such busy times we can’t always react as quickly as we would like and Andrew in service did take a little over two days to respond, in his defence he is currently in charge of the team checking and despatching 50 or more bikes on some days. In his defence our dealers usually deal with issues such as this. We do hold all parts in stock though.

I am afraid that when my company or staff are bullied or unfairly attacked I can get over protective. I am getting old, cranky and a bit frayed around the edges!

Thanks again for all your support, it’s very much appreciated!

All the best, David

Last edited:
Reactions: Wicky and flecc

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

Sorry about all this grief on your conversation. I will back out now. I felt I had to defend my company again against this chap’s treated attacks. I would never knowingly hijack anyone else’s thread.

I know the owners and directors of both R and M and TETS very well, the are decent people with good solid principles and businesses, I am sure this was on oversight and any issues you may have will be sorted out very quickly.

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi, Thank you for all of your comments, yes I bought the bicycle from EBay for £535.00 and have been happy with the bicycle over the last 10 months or so, when the pedal fell off, my only intention was to get it fixed, I knew the warranty or guarantee had ran out and was only after technical advise on how I went ahead with the repair so I could ensure I purchased the correct parts from Wisper and of course I was willing to pay for this and any repairs if the repairs were deemed required by a dealer/bike shop. I first made contact with wisper 10 days ago and the following day received a call requesting £53.00, I explained that I would like to speak to someone as I wasn't sure if this was something I could do myself and details of which parts I needed, I was told to contact technical support. On contacting technical support I only received a reply asking where I had bought the bike and when I mentioned I had bought it from EBay the emails were no longer answered. After more delays and other emails I sent, I decided on putting some comments on facebook explaining how dissatisfied I was with Wisper products and their technical support, I realise I went a little over the top but at least I did get a response. And what a response I got, a full minute of expletives, the F word the C word repeatedly from the foul mouthed person.
Utter rubbish I never, ever used the C word although there may have been some effing and blinding, I don’t think I have ever been so angry!!!

When someone “trolls” us, is very rude to my staff and then starts telling me my bikes are “unfit for purpose” when there is a pedal issue on a second hand bike that has been ridden and enjoyed for many months I just see red.

Let me assure that anyone with a Wisper bike bought from eBay, or from anywhere or anyone for that matter is most welcome to call us at anytime. We will always help, however we are a small business, as explained we can’t always react as quickly as we would want to, particularly when we are flat out with orders.

All the best, David

Last edited:

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I’d just like to add that I have had a number of dealings with David at Wisper and Eddie (and others) at TETS and found them some of the nicest and most helpful people in the trade.

al.b

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2018
lancashire
Not going to get embroiled in this one. All I wanted to say is Wisper bust a gut for me last year changing bikes with minimum cost. Even when I had a tech problem with no power both Wisper and my local dealer worked together to resolve it at minimal cost. Unless they have been taken over by aliens since I last had contact one of the best bike suppliers in the UK and Claud(yes he does get very busy) attends to every query wether its Wisper of myself. Thank you for your service.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I think the mods should change the troll name personally or just ban him.
Someone who joins this community for the single purpose of having a pop at a well respected member and thread hijacks is adding nothing to it.
That has far reaching implications when we start banning people because we don't like what they say. Instead, we should keep it in the open, where we can debate it to get at the truth.

Wisper have been a key sponsor of the forum for many years. If they or any other sponsor started using their influence to control what we can see and write on the forum, it would be in a sorry state. I thank Wisper for dealing with the post in a reasonable way.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
That has far reaching implications when we start banning people because we don't like what they say. Instead, we should keep it in the open, where we can debate it to get at the truth.

Wisper have been a key sponsor of the forum for many years. If they or any other sponsor started using their influence to control what we can see and write on the forum, it would be in a sorry state. I thank Wisper for dealing with the post in a reasonable way.
I agree completely. We would not try to get these posts taken down and I’m pretty certain if we did the moderators would turn us down. The integrity of the Forum is paramount. Without integrity it would be worth nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Part of the problem is everyone is now a publisher, but few grasp the responsibilities associated with publishing.

It's regularly in the news - the stupid woman who thought it was OK to call another woman a horse from the safety of her keyboard, and the even stupider actress who committed stuff to twitter years ago that was almost bound to come back and bite her on the bottom.

Both remarks could have been made verbally with very little comeback.

If the Wisper rider in this thread wanted to have a real pop at David Miall, he should have gone round to Wisper HQ in Sevenoaks, looked David squarely in the eye and said his piece.

It is cowardly to hide behind a keyboard, apart from the damage it can do to a business out of all proportion to the trivial complaint.

If I criticise a bike, and particularly a person, online I am careful to do it in a temperate and reasoned manner, and in a way that I know won't cause me embarrassment if it's dragged up again in the future.

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Hold on - criticism of a seller, their products or support is fine of course.
But here a person purports to join the forum not because he wants assistance or is interested in electric bikes but simply to badmouth an established member. He is stalking Wisper on social media, picks an abusive user name here and instantly hijacks a thread started by another user.
I've modded plenty of forums in my time and wouldn't hesitate in getting rid as he isn't a good faith user of the forum...of course it's entirely up to the mods

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The guy bad mouthed a companies reputation because he didn't like the speed of the help he sought to repair a used/2nd hand bike he bought off an internet auction, he came on hear to rant and bad mouth said company. He is a troll end of.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
apple ebike anyone pmslo_O

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I think the guy had every right to do what he did. It's an open forum. He wasn't happy for whatever reason, and he needed to get some release by telling us about it. We had a discussion. Lots of facts and opinions came out. We're all better informed now about the guy and Wisper, and the Guy also learnt something about Wisper and his bike. Everybody is a winner.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I think the guy had every right to do what he did. It's an open forum. He wasn't happy for whatever reason, and he needed to get some release by telling us about it. We had a discussion. Lots of facts and opinions came out. We're all better informed now about the guy and Wisper, and the Guy also learnt something about Wisper and his bike. Everybody is a winner.
I disagree.
A genuine complainant would give full facts and just why he is unhappy.
This guy was just rude and abusive and I don't want him on this forum.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
This needs sorting out, the forum name "wisper unhappy customer"is just not acceptable.
I think that Wisper Bikes has come out of this rather well and been shown to be a fair minded and reputable company, something that long time users of this forum are fully aware of.
Dave.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
This needs sorting out, the forum name "wisper unhappy customer"is just not acceptable.
I think that Wisper Bikes has come out of this rather well and been shown to be a fair minded and reputable company, something that long time users of this forum are fully aware of.
Dave.
Thanks Dave.