Anyone got a Raleigh Motus ?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
OK so 5 years for the battery is reasonable.

strowger

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 3, 2015
I've had enough of mine and I'm going to sell. What's a good way to sell this sort of bike - ebay, gumtree, etc?

Jason Scott

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2014
I'm not sure, but I'd tend to try local ads to get local pickup. Would hate to faff around with delivery options.

What tipped you over the edge? Other than the tyres, which I thought you'd rectified by swapping them out, was there anything about the bike that causes issues?

My wife and I are about to borrow two Motus bikes from work for 7 days so we can do another test of our planned commutes.

strowger

Jul 3, 2015
Another puncture, at speed, of the (brand new) rear tyre. This time I picked up a piece of metal in it large enough to wreck the mudguard and the cable for the rear light which runs through it.

I know it would be a minor fix to an enthusiast, and I know I've been very unlucky with punctures - but I continue to be very unlucky, and feel that every minute I've saved by cycling instead of walking, has been taken up with bicycle maintenance.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
You've been unlucky to sever the rear light cable, which I reckon will be a very fiddly fix.

If you are buying another make of ebike with wired in lights and mudguards, the cable will probably be routed the same way.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Another puncture, at speed, of the (brand new) rear tyre. This time I picked up a piece of metal in it large enough to wreck the mudguard and the cable for the rear light which runs through it.
Thanks to this I have reassessed my notion that Spanish roads have lots of stuff (cr*p) on them. The UK wins again! Or maybe my luck factor is on the roads, how do I switch to "lottery" mode? :p

Jason Scott

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2014
I've got a Motus crossbar on loan from work for 7 days and will be using it for my commute. I'll put some more thoughts and feedback here as the week progresses.

I'm sticking to cycle paths which are a bit slippery and it did feel like I could lock the wheels all too easily! :)

Linnipflanzen

Apr 20, 2017
St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland
Hello Motus-owners,

A bit of a beginner's question but I have the Raleigh Motus Step Through 2006 and am looking for a cheap-ish tool kit to go with it that has everything the Motus needs in it.

I'm not quite sure which tools I'll need as I used to just get help with my non-electric bikes.

Now that I am looking to go on tours with my e-bike, I want to be more in control. I will be doing a community course on bike maintenance in June but don't want to wait to get the tools until then.

Thanks so much for your advice! :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you just want a multi tool like above but you need the bike first to see what one will be best sizes wise as i can take most of my bike apart with Alan and hex bits.;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Useful
Reactions: Linnipflanzen

Linnipflanzen

Apr 20, 2017
Thanks!

The first link is very useful! Now I just need to find out what size of torx and Alan keys one needs for the Raleigh motus low step 2016 to pick one.

Anyone? :)

(Bought an ex floor model and could not find specifications in the paper work given to me.)

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Last edited:

Linnipflanzen

Apr 20, 2017
Mine was cheap. But does the jobs it was intended to do OK. Most bikes will have a need for these particular tools at some point. Clickety click. ;)

Also consider this option. Clickety click. :)

No offence intended in stating that if you don't know what tools you'll need to fix a bike, it's likely that you don't yet have that ability. That last option is cheaper than a cheap tool kit, and it will get you home with your broken bike. No matter what condition it's in. :oops:
Thanks so much!
Just bought the cheap one for now and can still look for other fancy stuff in case I ever need to once I have done my bike repair course.
Thanks for the advice!!

Reactions: LeighPing