Anyone had an interesting ride recently ?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Well,
I have finally put to bed my mental block regarding hills! I always use Strava to log my rides, but tried Map my Ride to make myself a route with a total disregard to any hills in the way!
Bingley Haworth Goose Eye Loop   Ride   Strava.jpeg

I was born only a few miles from where I now live but its straight up, so as far as a bicycle is concerned its a no-no and has been for a lot of years.
So following my map, and using turbo on all the hills I set off on roads I had not cycled on for 50 years, in fact as a teenager I walked up some of these!
A very picturesque ride on a lovely sunny wind free morning, I rode past the house where I started life in Laycock, and past the last place I will ever visit (Oakworth Crematorium) . I rode up Goose eye for the first time ever (15% gradient) covering the 22 miles , 2500 ft in an Hour and a Half, with 2 segments still showing on the battery meter.
Well pleased!!

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Never alone :)

Fishermen on that route get on my t*ts though, tut-tutting at me when they have to move their stupidly long poles that block the whole towpath!

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
For a short ride (if wife is with me) I go the other way to Five Rise Locks, spot of lunch in the cafe then back. Towpath is a lot better that way!

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
All done under my own steam thanks to Agattu getting me to a level of fitness where I could ride up hills.

Summary
Distance:57.47 mi
Time:4:24:12
Avg Speed:13.1 mph
Elevation Gain:3,213 ft
Calories:1,789 C
Avg Temperature:59.1 °F
Details
Timing
Moving Time:4:10:29
Elapsed Time:4:24:26
Avg Moving Speed:13.8 mph
Max Speed:38.0 mph
Speed
Pace
Elevation
Elevation Loss:3,229 ft
Min Elevation:23 ft
Max Elevation:1,028 ft
Heart Rate
Avg HR:152 bpm

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
All done under my own steam thanks to Agattu getting me to a level of fitness where I could ride up hills.

Summary
Distance:57.47 mi
Calories:1,789 C
Avg Temperature:59.1 °F
Details
Timing
Moving Time:4:10:29
Elapsed Time:4:24:26
Avg Moving Speed:13.8 mph
Max Speed:38.0 mph
Speed
Pace
Elevation
Elevation Loss:3,229 ft
Min Elevation:23 ft
Max Elevation:1,028 ft
Heart Rate
Avg HR:152 bpm
Wow!! Impressive!!

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
went as far as Sawley,not that far from you Phill,and I did get to Skipton once from Samlesbury but that was on my Agattu...53 mile round trip..Shouldn't be a problem on road bike nowadays as not as hilly as the 57.5 head for the hills ride.....

Hi All,

I thought i could contribute to this feed with my experiences on my new eBike.

Firstly, yes i am employed through KTM, but this is a personal view and opinion on an eBike and how i have found the experience.

Personal info:
Sex: Female
Riding locations: Yorkshire and Lancashire
Health: Good but with Previous Lower back and shoulder problems
Riding experience: Beginner

This is my first post on here so be nice :)

After months of riding canal paths and cycle paths i found there was no possible nor enjoyable way of keeping up with my partner (who is a keen cyclist for over 20 years) especially when doing long rides on a mountain bike. I would get annoyed as he plowed ahead and i could not manage the steep climbs generally becoming frustrated with myself and the bike, often throwing it to the ground in a childish tantrum.

After much thought and discussion i decided to take the plunge and get an eBike....

This quickly = BEST DECISION EVER!

As soon as i tried the bike it felt comfortable, i wasn't stretched too forward as this bike has an adjustable stem and the seat was padded!

I soon started riding up one of the steepest hills in my area to visit my nieces (a journey i would normally drive) , without even breaking a sweat, getting home from work and wanting to go out on my bike just for some fresh air and now i am even considering riding the 16 mile journey to work once the weather warms up - this is something i would never have considered on my mountain bike.

However, as this post is about "interesting rides" i wanted to tell you about the ride i did on Saturday at Ladybower in the peak district national park. After arriving about 10.30am, the sun was out, it was around 15c and fairly quiet for that time of day.

So here i was on my KTM eStyle P and my partner on his KTM hard tail mtb! We did 15 miles and climbed 1862ft, i passed a fair few mountain bikers on the climbs and as they were huffing and puffing i just put my bike on the highest setting and breezed past them. I still had to put in a bit of work and got my heart going, but nothing compared to been on a mtb.

My eBike made the up hills as much fun as the down hills, stopped me from getting upset when i approached a never ending climb and i had no uncomfortable pains in my back or shoulders! I even gave my partner a run for his money!

As you can see from the photo attached, the setting was idyllic, it was the perfect first long(ish) ride on my eBike! It's worth a visit, especially on a sunny morning like i had! I will be going again for sure!

As i do more rides and the ride to work, i will post again to see if i am still in love with it :)

Thanks for reading!
Louise

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback :)

My partners bike is a KTM Myroon Master, very light and quick, although not as quick as me on my eBike haha!

I will have a look at that tomorrow as it should be updated, The Macina Lycan seems to be getting lots of attention and many dealers have pre-ordered them, i hope to try the demo one out when it arrives (although it will probably be way too big for me!!)

Thanks,
Louise

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
My partners bike is a KTM Myroon Master, very light and quick,
"Light and fast". That could be an understatement. :) Just having a quick look, it only weighs 9.7kg!!

It's also hardly surprising that the KTM Macina LYCAN 27 is attracting attention. It is possibly going to be the most desirable e-mtb out there for it's price. Top of my wish list.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
As you can see from the photo attached, the setting was idyllic, it was the perfect first long(ish) ride on my eBike! It's worth a visit, especially on a sunny morning like i had! I will be going again for sure!
Don't forget to have a go up the Snake Pass next time, here are some times to have a go at ;):)snake pass.JPG

PennyDreamer

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 11, 2014
Had a brilliant ride over the recent bank holiday weekend, from Rodmarton in Gloucestershire, to just outside Crickhowell in the Brecon Beacons. 81 miles in total. Stayed in the camper that my OH had kindly driven there to meet me, then cycled back, 74 miles, slightly different route, on the Monday.

Some fantastic scenery, wonderful quiet routes, and friendly interested and interesting people met along the way. Just need to get myself a little camera now to take pictures as I go along. Can't use the phone as it's my sat nav, and too fiddly to get out of its holder for a quick snap.

Bike coped wonderfully with the weight of me and my two spare batteries. It took just about seven and half hours in total. The Severn bridge was a joy to ride over, and the views as you come towards the Brecon Beacons are worth all the effort, as is seeing all the wildlife and wild flowers along the way.

Just can't wait for the next adventure, all your stories of rides just make me want to get out there again NOW!

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Had a brilliant ride over the recent bank holiday weekend, from Rodmarton in Gloucestershire, to just outside Crickhowell in the Brecon Beacons. 81 miles in total. Stayed in the camper that my OH had kindly driven there to meet me, then cycled back, 74 miles, slightly different route, on the Monday./quote]

Gosh, that's an awful long way on a little folder like the Dash. Hats off to you. Is that your planned daily mileage on your summer adventure?

PennyDreamer

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 11, 2014
Yes, between 70 and 80 miles a day. I'm 5ft nothing, so the little dash is perfect for me. Being a folder means I can put it in a wheeled bag to get it back on the coach from Inverness.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon

I'm in Hayle, Cornwall for the night, so I brought the Trek Bruiser backpack bike with me. In the estuary there is a half mile spit that goes nearly to the mouth, and on it a track that you can ride to the rocks at the end. As with most of Cornwall on a Monday night, I was the only one there.

Reactions: 103Alex1