are my dropout too big?

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
My bad ! Didn't realise they only do 14x10. Lookes at their site but torque arms aren't mentioned at all, seems they only sell them on e-bay.

maggy.apo

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2020
so I have my bike back and I think the new aluminium fork provides from the LBS looks better, I am waiting for the torque arms to arrive
what do tou think guys? is a thicker aluminiun (still aluminium of course) but I think with the torque arm it will be safe
I know he put the wheel wrong, can get water to the motor in that way, I will change it when I install the torque, he put a the washers in wrong position as well, and also a weird like "plastic washer" to fill the gap
Hope to finish the proper installation of the wheel when the torque arrive but so far to me this fork have a chance

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Plastic washers have no place in the motor wheel instillation, replace it with a12mm one.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
They look like steel forks to me, not aluminium. Test them with a magnet.

He's added the spacer to keep the motor off the fork because the drop-outs are on the centre-line, not inboard. You must replace the spacer with proper metal ones and hope that the forks aren't too splayed to lock their movement.

maggy.apo

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2020
i just tried the magnets of my PAS disc near the fork and zzzzzttt! attraction! and in the same way I tried on the frame and same,
But yeah, the fork have more attraction force than the frame so maybe thats a clue this new fork is steel
I will install my torque arms soon and hopefully all will be good

Last edited:

Adam Nervous

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2020
i just tried the magnets of my PAS disc near the fork and zzzzzttt! attraction! and in the same way I tried on the frame and same,
But yeah, the fork have more attraction force than the frame so maybe thats a clue this new fork is steel
I will install my torque arms soon and hopefully all will be good
IMG_20200722_062648995.jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
View attachment 37069
I know he put the wheel wrong, can get water to the motor in that way, I will change it when I install the torque, he put a the washers in wrong position as well, and also a weird like "plastic washer" to fill the gap
Hope to finish the proper installation of the wheel when the torque arrive but so far to me this fork have a chance
The easy fixing point to anchor a T/A would be to drill a hole in it to line up with M/G stay anchor point with the M5 Allen bolt above in the pic.

Last edited:

maggy.apo

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2020

hey guys, after watch some videos and see lots of photos on internet I tried to install my torque arm,
first, I put the wheel in correct position, i took off that "plastic spacer" I put a C washer there but I think I should not do that right? or can I?
I noticed I can add just one of those otherwise i need to kind of pull to make the wheel fit inside
I am super confuse about what side should be the torque arm, and washers and spacers orders
Looks like I will need one more visit to a hardware store
I didnt finish this installation because I got confuse with so many opinion
the good thing is I noticed and feel the fork is sturdy steel, anyways I wan to put these arms

Adam Nervous

Jul 20, 2020
View attachment 37144View attachment 37145View attachment 37146View attachment 37147View attachment 37148View attachment 37149

hey guys, after watch some videos and see lots of photos on internet I tried to install my torque arm,
first, I put the wheel in correct position, i took off that "plastic spacer" I put a C washer there but I think I should not do that right? or can I?
I noticed I can add just one of those otherwise i need to kind of pull to make the wheel fit inside
I am super confuse about what side should be the torque arm, and washers and spacers orders
Looks like I will need one more visit to a hardware store
I didnt finish this installation because I got confuse with so many opinion
the good thing is I noticed and feel the fork is sturdy steel, anyways I wan to put these arms
Torque arm can go on either side. To be really safe, I put one either side.

maggy.apo

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2020
should I put in the side where the motor is more close to the fork maybe the anti rotation washer after the first washer, so will be
wheel, washer, anti rotation washer, fork , torque arm, nut
and in the other side will be
wheel, washer, fork, anti rotation washer, torque arm, nut

Adam Nervous

Jul 20, 2020
should I put in the side where the motor is more close to the fork maybe the anti rotation washer after the first washer, so will be
wheel, washer, anti rotation washer, fork , torque arm, nut
and in the other side will be
wheel, washer, fork, anti rotation washer, torque arm, nut
C washer, torque arm, washer, nut.