Audi Drivers flock to electric scooters

Max Tolerance

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2022
Okay, bit of thread necrophilia but this article was in the Times Tuesday, basically, guy gets done for doing twenty five in a twenty limit and in the video the Police send him it shows him being overtaken by someone on a scooter, On the Pavement!

CSMIO04.jpg

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
Escooter riders can't control them very well

Until he slowed down at the intersection, I had trouble overtaking this guy a second time, going full pelt downhill - I think I was doing about 25mph:

Last edited:
Reactions: guerney

lightning

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2022
l guess if derestricted an e-scooter will do whatever speed the motor and battery are capable of. There are ordinary looking e-scooters that will do well over 30 mph and some crazy ones that will do 60mph or more, imagine that on a scooter
Look on Youtube some do 80mph

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
l guess if derestricted an e-scooter will do whatever speed the motor and battery are capable of. There are ordinary looking e-scooters that will do well over 30 mph and some crazy ones that will do 60mph or more, imagine that on a scooter
Look on Youtube some do 80mph

If they legalise the 80mph version, I'll buy one to ride wearing an inflatable rubber and kevlar sumo suit

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its one thing making a scooter go 80mph but it wont do more than a few miles and will weigh a ton.

mr tesla dealer how many laps can i do going that fast in my new super tesla 3 maybe 4 if the brakes and tyres dont explode :p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
its one thing making a scooter go 80mph but it wont do more than a few miles and will weigh a ton.

mr tesla dealer how many laps can i do going that fast in my new super tesla 3 maybe 4 if the brakes and tyres dont explode :p
Was that the stock version or did they lower the suspension and use ultra thin tyres? Looks bumpy. Bloody amazing lap!.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
carbon wheels and custom brakes and fully unlocked so at those speeds and waight of the car means not much range.

lightning

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2022
This 80mph scooter doesn't look like it weighs a ton and the battery seems to last reasonably well too.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
This 80mph scooter doesn't look like it weighs a ton and the battery seems to last reasonably well too.

Despite the sci-fi metallic polygons, it still looks silly! Their latest model: 31.3kg weight with 30ah battery, limited (?!?!?) to 80mph... I'll pencil in my order of an inflatable rubber and kevlar sumo fatsuit, for the Monday after the Queen's Speech, depending on escooter legality change details revealed her holiness...

It isn't waterproofed :(

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
carbon wheels and custom brakes and fully unlocked so at those speeds and waight of the car means not much range.
They stopped filming before it was driven into a lake, to slow down the battery fire

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Audi Drivers flock to electric scooters
Perhaps its because Scooters dont have indicators.

• :D

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Perhaps its because Scooters dont have indicators.
We're one of the most video recorded populations in the world, so why can't all of these bloody drivers who don't indicate be automatically fined? They're a menace! A.I. algorithms could learn to spot non-indicating drivers. There's many a time I've almost been run over by those tossers! :mad:

Last edited:

lightning

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2022
Despite the sci-fi metallic polygons, it still looks silly! Their latest model: 31.3kg weight with 30ah battery, limited (?!?!?) to 80mph... I'll pencil in my order of an inflatable rubber and kevlar sumo fatsuit, for the Monday after the Queen's Speech, depending on escooter legality change details revealed her holiness...

It isn't waterproofed :(

l wonder who actually buys these ridiculous scooters, it's a lot to pay for a toy that you'd probably use half a dozen times to show off to your mates.

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
I recently spotted this nutcase dad carrying his young daughter to school by e-scooter. She's the daughter of someone he hates? Or perhaps she's insured for millions?