AVE TH5 for sale

No1foxy

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2013
South Leicestershire
my wife's ave TH5 e-bike is for sale, purchased new in June 2013. It has covered just 699 km from new and is in perfect working order, there are a few small marks from being fitted on bike racks. It has been stored in my garage for 18 months due to ill health. Cost new £1,899.00 and we are asking for offers around £950.00, at this price it's a bargain. I will attempt to up load some photos to this advert. Please message me for more information and I will email a contact numberDSC_0037.JPGDSC_0035.JPGDSC_0043.JPG

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Hi foxy I may be interested but think the price is too high for a 4 year old bike. New one on Amazon for £1179. Not sure if same spec.

regards gray

No1foxy

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2013
South Leicestershire
Hi grey, I have had a look on Amozon but could not find one, what search did you make. My e-mail is foxy60@icloud.com, if you want to send me a phone number I will ring you back and we can chat about it, so much easier than messages.
Regards
Phil

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Hi Phil thanks m8 will drop you a mail later. i can't find that link but just found one where price is £571. Something not quite right me thinks. I just googled model and Amazon link came up

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
  • Agree
Reactions: gray198

No1foxy

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2013
South Leicestershire
I agree, it just doesn't look right at all and when you check the sellers feedback he has none at all. My wife's bike is genuine and I have the original receipt from the e bike shop in Cambridge. Obviously there is some wiggle room on the price but with only about 450 miles or 699km on the computer it has hardly been used, due to ill health.
Cheers
Phil

Reactions: gray198

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I agree, it just doesn't look right at all and when you check the sellers feedback he has none at all. My wife's bike is genuine and I have the original receipt from the e bike shop in Cambridge. Obviously there is some wiggle room on the price but with only about 450 miles or 699km on the computer it has hardly been used, due to ill health.
Cheers
Phil
I have a similar vintage AVE/Bosch bike with 20" wheels.

Excellent, well-made bike, typical sturdy German manufacture.

Yours - with a bit knocked off - is a decent buy, particularly in comparison to new Chinese.

Sarabee

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2017
Lincolnshire
Amazon has a big problem with scammers at the moment. Folks think they are getting a bargain and then get a bike that is a cheap Chinese fake and it's not just bikes. They back it up by copying all the genuine feedback to make it look right. Always contact the original company on their own website.

• Useful
Reactions: mw1

No1foxy

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2013
South Leicestershire
I had a look at the cheap bike and it just looks wrong, the farm looks odd and so do the decals and the price is ridiculous. Still if something is too good to be true it normally is.

• Agree
Reactions: Sarabee and gray198

No1foxy

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2013
South Leicestershire
My god how I hate time wasters, loaded the bike onto my truck in the pouring rain to let some body try it. No out of my way as I was going close by, but a 160 mile round trip in the pouring rain. When we get there he offered £800. And then made every excuse not to buy, it doesn't have disk brakes, it's 4 years old, he's not sure if it's what he wants. Did he not read the add and look at the pics and why not ask his question over the phone, no he wastes my time. Still for sale and as I said before I am open to offers.