Ay Up

Chilljill

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 21, 2018
Ay up,
I'm new to this forum and the world of electric bikes. I live in the Dales and most of the LBS around here are geared up for the Tour de France crowd so I'm struggling for ebike advice so hopefully this is the place to be.
Jill

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I might be wrong but I thought Oxygen was based in Yorkshire. Their rear hub mountain bike is very well thought of by owners with a long thread in the reviews section.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I have both an old Oxygen Emate City hub powered bike and a Haibike Yamaha PU motored torque sensor crank drive Haibike and if you want exercise and assistance as well as the ability to tackle serious terrain off road the crank drive wins all up. However I have not ridden the highly acclaimed new Oxygen rear hub mountain bike I notice that the reviews are predominantly from people using it mostly on the road for fast commuting. Horses for courses. Pays your money and makes your choice.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Hi and welcome.
The Dales is a big place,which one are you in?

Chilljill

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 21, 2018
Yorkshire Dales near Skipton. I don't want to do off roading (although with the size of some of the potholes around here it sometimes feels like it!)

Yep, I think I want torque sensor as I've managed to test ride a couple of cadence sensor bikes and I felt more like a passenger than a rider once the motor kicked in!

Don't have a massive amount of money to spend (up to £1.5k at a push) but main problem I'm finding is my height. I'm only 5ft 2in and many manufacturers seems to only do one size which the ones I've managed to sit on are all a little bit too large for me.