Back in (Slight) Action Again

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks again for everyone's good wishes, though I was rather embarrassed since an operation for an inguinal hernia is hardly like open heart surgery. Probably the only two wheels that I'm fit for at the moment is one either side of me rather than one in front of the other, and it will be a little while before I'm riding again.

However, the operation didn't just go well, I actually thoroughly enjoyed it!

How can that be? Since it's not e-biking, the answer is in the Charging Post on this link

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Nice to see you back Flecc :)

Regards

Jerry

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
flecc is in the house

Good to see you back flecc and pleased to hear it went well.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Inspiring. I have a dental appointment next week. I may even try to keep my eyes open for once!

Well done Flecc.

:)

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Welcom back ye ole Fudger!

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Glad it all went so well you are a braver man than I. Welcome back hun.

Pedalo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2009
Welcome back Flecc. Good to hear it went well.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
You poor old sausage...glad your on the mend:) Have been away this week in Germany picking up a new camper......

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome back flecc. Pity you can't enjoy this marvelous weather. Heal quickly.
I can't be kept in too long Tex! Operation Monday evening, stayed in Tuesday, had 20 minute walk in the sun Wednesday morning (38 hours after op) and this morning drove to the supermarket for shopping (62 hours after op).

Being careful of course, pushed trolley rather than carrying a basket and spread shopping across several lightly filled bags.

Brightening outside at the moment so will probably have another walk this afternoon. I'm a long way off cycling yet though.

Eddie, hope you are enjoying the new camper, tell us about it when you have a chance.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Good to see/read you're up and about Flecc, take it easy!

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Having been away for a few days, this is my first chance to read the outcome of your recent foray into the world of modern healthcare flecc.

You certainly showed some courage by opting for the local anaesthetic choice when you could have been knocked out for the duration. I had a young surgeon and equally young anaesthetist recently try to persuade me to have some surgery under a local. I thought about it but as they wanted to stick a tube up my wotsit as part of it, I declined because the guy in the next bed had had the same op a week before and while the procedure had been successful, he had acquired an infection where the tube had been. Instead of a 24hr in-out job, he was there for 9 days!

Anyway, I'm delighted you're on the mend and I'm sure you'll be back in the saddle very shortly although I guess you can't do anything strenuous for a bit.

Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery,
Indalo