Bafang 8Fun motor "Power Pod" trailer for sale

cirrus18

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Cornwall. UK
I completed this trailer last year and you can read about it here:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/5370-bafang-motor-trailer-project-completed.html?highlight=cirrus18

It's been modified since then and any problems have been ironed out. I have lowered the battery, which has lowered the centre of gravity of the trailer, making handling easier.

It comes all wired up and ready to go. You just have to fit controls etc to your bike.

The battery is a Ping 36V 15AH V2.5LiFePO4 purchased October 2009. Regularly giving me a 50 mile range without too much effort from peddling. Which is quite amazing considering how hilly it is here in Cornwall.
I don't think I've done more than 500 miles on the battery, as for health reasons, I haven't been doing much cycling lately. Nevertheless, the battery has been well maintained and charged regularly. So I'm sure it has got plenty of life left in it yet.

I am including extra bits and pieces as follows:
2x Pedlec sensors.
2x three way speed switches.
Quick release spindle for trailer/bike fitting .
Battery Charger.
Satchel/Bag.
Some wiring instructions.

I have just been adding all the costs up and I am quite amazed how much it all came to new, approximately £650.

I am open to sensible offers (+£330) and even if you don't want a trailer, using the items here, you could easily make up your own electric bike.

cirrus18

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Cornwall. UK
Convert your Brompton bike to electric possibility

If you're not interested in a trailer this could make an inexpensive way of converting a 16 inch wheel size bike, such as a Brompton, to electric for about the price of a new battery. The motor is mounted in and designed for a 16 inch wheel. Top speed about 18 mph.

The battery alone with shipping, cost me US$470 about £300. So you see, you get everything you need for the conversion and anything you don't need you could sell on.
If you are interested and would like more information, please phone Paul on phone number: 01637-875356.

Last edited:

AndyOfTheSouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2009
One point of detail, Paul - the Brompton has 16" wheels. There are plenty of folders which have 20" wheels, though eg Dahon.