Help! Bafang Botton Bracket SR PA162/152.32S

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
I am hoping someone can point me to a source to buy the above bottom bracket as my existing unit has too much float in it and needs replacing.

the BB is a 68mm BSA threaded unit that incorporates a speed sensor. The local bike shop has suggested an alternative but it’s a combined speed and torque sensor which doesn’t really suit my circumstances where I can’t apply power to set off from rest or on hills.

Can anyone suggest a reliable source of a replacement please ? I’m usually okay on internet searching but this is a task too far it seems.

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
Yes. i found that site but it’s a bugger to navigate.
There’s a version here but doesn’t specify an axle length. Also I’m concerned about what takes priority - cadence or torque. I can put any effort down my right leg.

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
Is it possible to adjust a bottom bracket or is it a sealed for life component ? The BB is a 68mm BSA thread but I’ve no idea how the internals all fit together.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
It’s similar but mine is purely a speed sensor. A torque sensor combo wouldn’t work for me with a prosthetic ankle.

I picked the bike up from a local bike shop today and they have managed to remove the play, but Evans did that and it came back again. It’s the castellated nut or washer on the left side - the eBay listing seems to show it as a spacer so it may be that it’s possible just to tighten it up when it rattles loose again.

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
Excuse my ignorance on this, but does that involve tightening the cup (the part with 02141 stamped on it) or removing the cup and tightening the splined jobbie that can be seen standing proud in front of it ?

It seems to be the splined jobbie that’s the cause of the float as every similar BB I’ve seen doesn’t have it standing proud.