Bafang conversion kits-differences in model numbers

Oiseaux

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2011
La roche Posay, Vienne, France
I am now thinking of installing a kit on my off road bike only. Because I anticipate this will be mostly used on assist or throttle my 'drag obsession' is not such an important issue and as bafangs seem to be cheap but strong it would appear to be a good place to start.

I have tried to find suppliers who will provide 36v 350 watt with bottle battery and have found several in Germany / China but none in UK. Some offer SWXK motors and some offer QSWXK. The only answer I have found to the question "what is the difference" was a reply which stated that SWXK is stronger than QSWXK. Any comments ?

I have emailed BMS batteries with one or two questions but no reply which doesn't give me confidence, would others recommend ?

Because of the packaging size I am tempted to get the motor laced in France, but realise this is another complication. Do you think there would be much difference in shipping costs with wheel or without.

Any other advice appreciated.

Oiseaux

(King of the ditherers)

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
The "Q" part of the model number denotes whether it is Front or Rear driving.
If its a Q model it is a front model.

Weight doesn't usually change that much with it being laced in a wheel as the rim and spokes are not much heavier - an generally weight is the overal deciding factor when it comes to air mail rather than size. (Its the opposite way round for shipping).

The Packaging will just be classed as light and large if its pre-laced.

Still the P&P with just a motor will be cheaper but not by that much.
However the offset cost of the P&P vs say getting someone in china to lace it in a rim is still cheaper still.

Sometimes the way they lace the wheels is far from perfect. Its cheaper to get labour at $1 USD vs £25 Euros plus the cost of the spokes and rim which you'll pay a larger markup on.

Last edited: