bafang m200

Chipy

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 31, 2023
Hi folks, found the site whilst researching a fault with bafangs m200, the motor is very low mileage but when pushed it losses power for a few seconds then returns to no set pattern ,usually on higher power setting but not always.
the battery rated at 36 volts charges up to 41.7 then drops to 36 volt when nearly empty, i believe a firmware update may help but cant find a shop that can do it.
cheers chip

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Hi folks, found the site whilst researching a fault with bafangs m200, the motor is very low mileage but when pushed it losses power for a few seconds then returns to no set pattern ,usually on higher power setting but not always.
the battery rated at 36 volts charges up to 41.7 then drops to 36 volt when nearly empty, i believe a firmware update may help but cant find a shop that can do it.
cheers chip
a 36v battery will charge to close to 42v when full and will discharge to close to 30 volts when empty

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
cheers chip
Your description isn't clear. When the motor shuts down, does the LCD switch off and do you have to switch it on again?

Chipy

May 31, 2023
Your description isn't clear. When the motor shuts down, does the LCD switch off and do you have to switch it on again?
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, no the display stops on ,if i watch the watts on the display it dips to about 20 although a bit difficult to see exactly then back up depending on the hill ,

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, no the display stops on ,if i watch the watts on the display it dips to about 20 although a bit difficult to see exactly then back up depending on the hill ,
That's not a problem with the battery then, though you might have a dodgy connection to it.. If the controller detects low voltage, it'll shut down power, which sounds like what's happening. You should check that first.

Chipy

May 31, 2023
That's not a problem with the battery then, though you might have a dodgy connection to it.. If the controller detects low voltage, it'll shut down power, which sounds like what's happening. You should check that first.
the problem with this motor is the controller is in the motor casing and even if i swap that it s canbus so needs a BESST program to set up which is beyond my very limited computor 'skills', no local bike shop will have a go at repairing it so if anybody knows of a bafang expert in east midlands area that would be good ,thanks

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
the problem with this motor is the controller is in the motor casing and even if i swap that it s canbus so needs a BESST program to set up which is beyond my very limited computor 'skills', no local bike shop will have a go at repairing it so if anybody knows of a bafang expert in east midlands area that would be good ,thanks
You don't need any special equipment to check that the battery connection is sound.

Chipy

May 31, 2023
since you flagged that have took the side cover of the motor and am getting exactly the same voltage at the terminals as the battery,be nice to find fault but alas not ,all the other connections look good with no pins bent over,