For Sale Bargains

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
With the Woosh Torque Sensor and power based pas level controller, I can comfortably get to 17 mph (15.5 +10%) on the flat on level 1 assistance which is max 150 watts (I am 105kg). You might only need max assist for that incline - so your range may be better than you expect.
Either you or Woosh need to buy one, for a side by side test!

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
By the time you've finished, will it be a £1k to £2k bike...
Nah, just really the bars(USE carbon) and a hope stem in either gold, or more likely purple. I could also replace the brakes, either some new Hope tech 3 with V2(f&r) or E4/X2 calipers The E4 and X2 calipers are also purple. I don't think there is much else I can change. Though got a grubby Thompson post might hopefully fit and a wide range of firmer more supportive saddles. The saddle on it looks like it would cause a bit of chaffing after a bit. Again with the cheaper bikes, the parts are the cheap end so you lose out on it being fit for the job over time.

TBH I've been collecting mostly Hope kit for near 30 years and it's filled two large boxes with odds and ends. In most cases I've multiples of the same thing so while it might be a high end bit once, once its in the spares box its really just surplus.
1/2 the time I gift it away to bike charities(Although I suspect the boxes i drop in get pillaged by the staff for all the choicest bits :oops:
I think i've also got ever Hope colour under the sun in spacers, so we could be in for an eclectic mix and maybe not so much on the match.

I'll no doubt chop and change this and that, as is my will and obsession :)

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
So, a quick search on eBay turned up two Buzzbike H700s for sale.

One a few weeks old and hardly used for £950

And another ex-demo for £1149.95

I pinched a few pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Took a look on the befang site about the features of the power/mode switch and how to operate.
Switch on - press and hold for 3 seconds
Once on - to switch off press and hold for 2 seconds
Once on - a single press cycles through assistance settings - Cyan-low, Blue-medium,purple-high.
Once on - double click switches the lights on
Lights on - double click switches the lights off.

All info here

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Bike arrived and its actually quite nice, doesnt look at all cheap.

The bars and stem will have to go though,especially those bars, god theyre hideous.
The front wheel went on with great difficulty, i needed to force the fork blades apart and even then i dont like how it is sitting. Bent or askew rather, as in not parallel, i'll check it properly once im a bit more settled.
But either way the rotor isnt spinning freely, making a bit of a click as well, so that will need some attention. Might have to remove the caliper, see how the wheel sits then.
Other than that its went together ok

If the fork is an issue, might be better to change it for another rather than send the whole thing back, thats just too much the pain in the bum

I suppose thats the only real annoyance. Rather than off and out, looks like ive some work to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: egroover and Az.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
bars and stem will have to go though,especially those bars, god theyre hideous.
Old skool, reminds me of the 'Cow Horn' steel chromed handlebars I was rocking back in the 70s on my old man style converted 'tracker bikes'
Single back brake, knobbly cycle speedway tyres, sturmley archer 3 speed rear wheel (nail wedged conversion to single speed lol)
Happy times

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
Personally, I find pull-back bars are a great aid to making a comfortable bike.

I was hoping you'd be able to get out on the bike immediately to give us all a report on the two speed drive.

Never mind, maybe another day.

My comfy handlebar:

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

unknown quantity

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 2, 2024
My buzzbike also arrived (this afternoon). I've pretty much assembled it and found it went together okay, including the front wheel. All fixings seemed fine apart from a few loose spokes which I've tightened.
My only issue has been blowing up the tyres! Presta valves - tried four different pumps, none able to get the tyres above 2 bar. I've ordered presta valve adapters from Amazon (that arrive tomorrow) which in theory change the valves to schrader which will make things easier for me.
I think the bike is all ready for the first test when I get these fitted.
I see the buzzbike has been removed from the wiggle and chain reaction websites so I guess they are sold out.
One annoying thing for me is that I emailed chain reaction twice via their website about how I can order spare bafang h700 electrical component parts after the warranty period or a replacement/spare battery - but they have completely ignored both my emails. Can't find these parts available anywhere on the internet..

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Personally, I find pull-back bars are a great aid to making a comfortable bike.
Just what youre used to i suppose, but as well as that for me because im 1" over the max rider height, changing the bars(in addition to a slightly longer stem that has 20 degree rise, it gives me more room and puts me in a more comfortable stretched position.
Its a 720mm bar im going to be fitting, which gives me more control. Whomever set it up has made the hoses a bit longer than normal, so theres room to change the bar without them being too tight.

That damn fork is going to annoy me all night. Probably best to take off the rotor rather than the caliper to preserve the set up. But i might need to remove the caliper too. find out why its rubbing. Maybe force the pistons back as a starting point, it will have been sitting with the wheel off and maybe the levers been moved while packaging it.

A minor niggle

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
My buzzbike also arrived (this afternoon). I've pretty much assembled it and found it went together okay, including the front wheel. All fixings seemed fine apart from a few loose spokes which I've tightened.
My only issue has been blowing up the tyres! Presta valves - tried four different pumps, none able to get the tyres above 2 bar. I've ordered presta valve adapters from Amazon (that arrive tomorrow) which in theory change the valves to schrader which will make things easier for me.
I see the buzzbike has been removed from the wiggle and chain reaction websites so I guess they are sold out.
One annoying thing for me is that I emailed chain reaction twice via their website about how I can order spare bafang h700 electrical component parts after the warranty period or a replacement/spare battery - but they have completely ignored both my emails. Can't find these parts available anywhere on the internet..
I hate to mention this but you do remember how presta valves work right? You have to unscrew the top first? Failing that, get a track pump, they have them in Home Bargains for about 7 quid. Also, batteries can be re-celled after they have expired.

• :D
Reactions: AndyBike

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
How did the charging go ? what there any residual charge in it ?. I would think they would charge it up to so degree. Just wondering is all.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
If you are small size, couple of decent deals on Schwinn hybrid bikes for £100 delivered
Ideal for a front hub motor conversion (steel front fork)

Reactions: Az. and AndyBike

unknown quantity

Feb 2, 2024
Update on my Buzzbike:
Got the presta valve converters installed and all is now well - I'm leaving the converters in place so that they are now effectively Schroeder valves.
Took the bike out for first decent ride yesterday - 22 mile round trip mainly on flattish old railway paths and some quieter roads.
-It was pretty cold weather, about 1C when I started and 4C when I finished.
-Average speed was 13.5 mph.
-I only used the 'low' power setting and that was plenty to get me effortlessly through the trip and the uphill sections were easily negotiated.
-Battery had about 30% left at the end which suggests it would probably have done about 30 miles to fully empty the battery.
-I found that the single geared carbon belt drive was fine. I only struggled once and that was when I had to cycle up a very steep embankment from the cycle path to the road after slowing down to about 1mph. It was difficult to get it moving fast enough up the slope for the motor to kick in properly. I need to test it on some longer step hills next though..

Overall, I'm really impressed by the bike.
-I like the understated retro matt black look.
-The frame and components all seem pretty well made.
-Hydraulic brakes are great.
-The combination of the bafang rear motor and cadence sensor seem to work really well together making it very intuitive to ride.
-However, the 700x40 tyres definitely don't like potholes or the Edinburgh cobbled roads and you feel every individual cobble! I may need to think about enhanced suspension options in the future..

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
-I found that the single geared carbon belt drive was fine. I only struggled once and that was when I had to cycle up a very steep embankment from the cycle path to the road after slowing down to about 1mph.
Did you try to ride it in the low/eco setting ?

Shame about my fork. fing blades are well twisted so i'll need to get others. im not returning it, too much a bargain.

I like the colour too, even the decals are stealth. And overall the build looks of good quality. A real bargain for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Lightweight, stealthy bikes should be more popular but they aren't though. Customers still prefer comfort and power.

Reactions: unknown quantity

unknown quantity

Feb 2, 2024
Did you try to ride it in the low/eco setting ?

Shame about my fork. fing blades are well twisted so i'll need to get others. im not returning it, too much a bargain.

I like the colour too, even the decals are stealth. And overall the build looks of good quality. A real bargain for sure.
Yes, as I mentioned in my post, it was all in low/eco mode, I didn't need to use the higher levels:

-I only used the 'low' power setting and that was plenty to get me effortlessly through the trip and the uphill sections were easily negotiated.

Fingers crossed, I hope you can get your forks issue resolved.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Yes, as I mentioned in my post, it was all in low/eco mode, I didn't need to use the higher levels:
Sorry, I was actually meaning on the hill, not general use. You'd said you felt it was less powered going up the steep embankment, and i wondered if you'd tried that in eco or upped the power to high and found it still dropped speed or just stayed in eco.

Chances are I'd have mine at maximum the whole time. On my full fat EMTB, ive never used anything other than turbo over the last 2 1/2 years.

Any luck with partial refund?
Nothing yet.
I initially contacted them but what I think now is a feedback contact eamil/internal post, rather than customer service, so thats 3 days now and not even an acknowledgement, making me thik im not going to get one on that route.

So next option wil be live chat, but im pretty sure all they'll do is ask for the entire bike to be returned, and im not going to do that as you dont return bargains.

So I may actually have to suck it up and pay for a replacement fork myself. I think a 'Trek District' will be a possibility. its on sale for £72, 700c disc only

Just trying to get some info on it before hitting BUY.
Reason for wait is although its a steel fork, and likely plenty strong, i dont think it was ever intended for an ebike, though that said, im not going to be hurtling down rocky inclines on it, just the gentle potter to the shops, but still I'd like to hear some opinions on it.

Last edited:

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Just check the steerer is long enough for your bike head tube, and it's unthreaded and whether tapered or straight (match with existing fork on bike)...some forks use post mount disc caliper mount or older style IS mount ( you can get adapters) . Apologies if this is teaching you to suck eggs!!
You could look at a short travel (50mm) air fork..might throw the geometry out a bit but will give a plusher ride up front if that's what you prefer...not easy to find though or cheap in 700c guise, but plenty of choice and cheap if you.opt for a coil shock fork