batribike diamond xl pro

Heavy Rider2015

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 31, 2015
hi all,

i have recently purchased the diamond xl pro by batibike to help me get back into shape after some knee surgery...i am beginning to regret it now as it has virtually no hill climbing power to it at all! i am on the big side about 150kg so yes i know i am over their 130kg limit but even so i was shocked at how poorly it went.

my friend has a raleigh bike with a bosh motor which leaves me for dead i tried it out and it was amazing. he said i should be able to get the same kind of power from mine but i would need to try and derestrict it. i have looked for codes everywhere and had no luck, i have tried searching the forums here and one person who asked a similar question got told to find codes.

can anyone help me please? I really want to get this to work so i can turn my health around before it's too late and i get so big that i cant be healthy anymore. thanks in advance for any help.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Derestrict your bike lets you keep the assistance at over 15mph but won't make it climb hills better. What you need is more torque to climb hills. Your friend's bike is a crank drive, it has a stronger motor than the motor on your bike and you can also change gear to increase torque. What you need is a stronger, more torquey motor. Sell your bike and start again.

Heavy Rider2015

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 31, 2015
Derestrict your bike lets you keep the assistance at over 15mph but won't make it climb hills better. What you need is more torque to climb hills. Your friend's bike is a crank drive, it has a stronger motor than the motor on your bike and you can also change gear to increase torque. What you need is a stronger, more torquey motor. Sell your bike and start again.
Thanks for the info & advice... I'm going to see if I can return or sell this bike then.