Batteries

Lizt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 14, 2020
Should we go for the highest watt battery ignoring the increase in weight? Does this effect the

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think you submitted before you intended?

It depends a lot on your riding needs. For example, if you are riding a light bicycle and just want a little help on the hills then a light low capacity battery will be best. At the other extreme a cargo bike may be so heavy when laden (and get through battery) so the extra weight is well worth it. I suspect that for most riders the weight of a bigger battery is worth it; and it maybe comes down to whether the extra cost is worth it for you.

Lizt

Jun 14, 2020
I think you submitted before you intended?

It depends a lot on your riding needs. For example, if you are riding a light bicycle and just want a little help on the hills then a light low capacity battery will be best. At the other extreme a cargo bike may be so heavy when laden (and get through battery) so the extra weight is well worth it. I suspect that for most riders the weight of a bigger battery is worth it; and it maybe comes down to whether the extra cost is worth it for you.
Apologies. I meant to ask if the extra weight made the bike harder to ride. I have bought the 700 W for my 806 T because I wanted it to last maybe as long as me! The bike came originally with the 375. The new battery is quite a bit heavier and I was unsure if this would effect the ride.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
It will hardly be noticeable unless you are riding without any assistance. As it's a rack battery there may be a slight difference to the balance. As you've already got the new battery you can compare, and then you can tell us how much difference you notice.

Lizt

Jun 14, 2020
It will hardly be noticeable unless you are riding without any assistance. As it's a rack battery there may be a slight difference to the balance. As you've already got the new battery you can compare, and then you can tell us how much difference you notice.
Thank you.