Battery Charge times

Dell

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 3, 2007
I`ve been Commuting to work with my new Sprint for two weeks now. :D
And was wondering if a charge time of 2 hours to the full light coming on, would be a good indicator of battery usage.With this example being under half ?

Derek

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Only a rough indicator Derek, as a charger's time tends to vary. My experience is that generally they run a touch longer than theory would predict, probably as a result of the need to slightly overrun the switch off point in order to trigger it.

That would make the range slightly longer than the value you can calculate from your part charge time, but due to the way in which battery performance declines as they empty, it's often not too accurate a predictor. There's no substitute for running out to empty to find out, but bear in mind that Li-ions prefer not to be fully discharged often if they are to last a long time.

The Sprint's range is typically very good with sensible throttle use, 25/30 miles and sometimes even more.

Last edited:

Dell

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 3, 2007
Thanks for the reply Flecc, I was hoping that from the charge time I could get an indicator of how deep I was discharging the battery
with the terrain/distance I`m covering, so I could avoid deep discharging it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It sounds to me as though you don't have a problem, you're probably less than half discharging it Derek. As I've often said though, use and enjoy, one can worry too much in order to make trifling savings. :)