Battery concern

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Mr Stapley, sorry to have missed your posts, I don't have time to read every thread on Pedelcs so please PM or email me if there is something specific you would like me to deal with.

In the mean time I have put a call into Paul the new bike manager at Autobase, the check he has one there and what the state if charge is, as soon as I know I will get back to you.

Many thanks, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi again,

I have Just spoken to Jakub at Autobase, he mentioned that when you took the bike you were happy to take the battery and charge it. He also said that the battery did have a holding charge in it so I can only assume the auto battery deep sleep mode had kicked in and what you saw was the battery in deep sleep. When you charged it you will have woken it up. I am now 100% certain that there is nothing amiss with the battery you have. If you would like to change it I am still happy to do so, however I would need to make a charge to deliver and collect a new battery to and from Autobase.

We will test the battery when we get it back here and if it is not holding a full, as new, charge we will happily refund double the delivery and collection charges to compensate you for any "to-ing and fro-ing".

All the best, David

Stapley13

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2017
Whitfield
Hi again,

I have Just spoken to Jakub at Autobase, he mentioned that when you took the bike you were happy to take the battery and charge it. He also said that the battery did have a holding charge in it so I can only assume the auto battery deep sleep mode had kicked in and what you saw was the battery in deep sleep. When you charged it you will have woken it up. I am now 100% certain that there is nothing amiss with the battery you have. If you would like to change it I am still happy to do so, however I would need to make a charge to deliver and collect a new battery to and from Autobase.

We will test the battery when we get it back here and if it is not holding a full, as new, charge we will happily refund double the delivery and collection charges to compensate you for any "to-ing and fro-ing".

All the best, David
Hi David

Thanks for your help. I have had conflicting advice regarding battery care so I was obviously concerned. The battery is charging ok so I am happy to keep it.
I will say that I was not "happy" to take the battery when I collected the bike but had no option as I did not have time to return To Autobase that week.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Great advert for Wisper customer care, top man. Looks like if you buy one of their bikes, you'll never have to worry about future support and after care

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi David

Thanks for your help. I have had conflicting advice regarding battery care so I was obviously concerned. The battery is charging ok so I am happy to keep it.
I will say that I was not "happy" to take the battery when I collected the bike but had no option as I did not have time to return To Autobase that week.
Thanks for your kind words Egroover and Fordulike!

Hi Mr Stapely,

OK that's great. If you have any issues at all please let me know and we will sort you out.

Happy cycling, be safe!

All the best, David

Last edited:
Reactions: Izzyekerslike