Battery cover

Electric daz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 27, 2016
Cardiff
Hi guys, can anyone tell me the cheapest way to get a battery cover for my Bosch mid drive assist system battery ( ready for the colder temps). Currently looking at £30-£40 which is excessive for a piece of fabric.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Some people have used and maybe slightly modified neoprene lens covers normally for the big camera lenses.
For the cold I personally wouldn't bother as the battery chemistry warms it up on the inside when in use anyway, however I do use a plastic bag and elastic velcro strap when it's heavy raining just to help waterproof mine.

damian

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2015
Belfast
Hi guys, can anyone tell me the cheapest way to get a battery cover for my Bosch mid drive assist system battery ( ready for the colder temps). Currently looking at £30-£40 which is excessive for a piece of fabric.
Is the battery on the rack, or the downtube?

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Some people have used and maybe slightly modified neoprene lens covers normally for the big camera lenses.
For the cold I personally wouldn't bother as the battery chemistry warms it up on the inside when in use anyway, however I do use a plastic bag and elastic velcro strap when it's heavy raining just to help waterproof mine.
Where did you get the elastic velcro strap? Would you have pics please? Does your setup protect the underneath as well as the top of your battery? I ask because I'm deeply paranoid about exposing mine to water!

Thanks

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Where did you get the elastic velcro strap?
You get them from Aldi when they have the cycling stuff in. I think they are supposed to be for strapping around your ankles to keep the trousers clean.

Reactions: jonathan75

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: EddiePJ

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
This was my first effort which lasted around a year using a pack of clear shower caps for about 99p off amazon and the Aldi velcro strap.
IMG_3693.jpg
Then when I ran out of shower caps I cut a bag in half to get 2 ready-shaped covers.
IMAG0202.jpg
Niether of which protect from the bottom but were simply to stop rain water running down into the battery at the joints which has worked fine. I cycled through knee high deep floods with the bag covering the battery and it did fine.

Reactions: jonathan75