Battery for Wisper 905e Works.

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
Just wondering where I can buy a battery for the Wisper 905e, it's a 36v 14amp, and I'm a bit dismayed by what I hear is the price, about £500.00, apparently, though this suggestion from another e bike owner may be incorrect.. seems very steep for a battery for this bike, and rather negates the savings against say using the bus over the four years or so I've had the bike. Wonder if there's maybe an exchange scheme? The charger first packed up, so purchased a new one only to find the battery, which has always charged and performed well up to the point of the charger failing, wouldn't accept the charge (from the new charger), a dissapointing coincidence, but there you are. Anyway, would be grateful for any help. On another note, anyone fancy a group ride around, say, the New Forest? I did organise this about three years ago and though only three people turned up we had a very enjoyable day, and it's fairly safe to have a pint in a nice country pub when your only cycling, as long as you let the alc content go down before you take to the car to go home. Better get the new battery first though! Anyway, if anyones interested do let me know, Regards, Tony, Bournemouth.

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
Hallo Tony, I believe that you can buy that kind of battery in all shapes and sizes depending on where you want to put it for half the price I'm sure. If you mean the new forest at Inverness I wont be able to come but if it's the one they planted the other year at Ecclefechan then it's very safe and we can have as many pints as we like as long as the're paid for!:)

Hackney Andy

Pedelecer
May 11, 2011
It's a bit cheaper if you have the kettle-plug type:

Wisper 36v 14Ah 'Kettle Plug' battery
To fit Wisper non-folding models from 2007/2008 with side 'kettle plug' connector - 1 year warranty
Our price £399.00

PowaRider - Electric Bikes

Similar from Whoosh which will take some fiddling with to get it to fit but at a more reasonable price:

Battery for Woosh Sirocco 2 15AH with keylock
4.2 kgs, 36 Volts 15 Amp Hours (Lithium)
Price including VAT: £315 (including p&p)

E-bike Batteries | Electric Bikes from Woosh | electric bike sales & hire

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Tony,

It does seem to be a bit of a coincidence both the battery and charger giving you problems at the same time. Have you spoken to Wisper Support? They may be able to suggest something or have a look at the battery and charger for you to ensure all is working well.

Even though the battery has lasted for more than four years, I would expect there to be some life in it yet.

Re the new forest, I would love to join you, you could have a bash on the new 906Classic at the same time, it would be interesting to get the views of a Wisper rider on the many improvements over the last few years! I could also bring a Grace Easy along, a really incredible bit of kit but not cheap at £3,000!

All the best

David

PS you can always contact me directly, my number and email address is in my signature.

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
tHanks hech

Hallo Tony, I believe that you can buy that kind of battery in all shapes and sizes depending on where you want to put it for half the price I'm sure. If you mean the new forest at Inverness I wont be able to come but if it's the one they planted the other year at Ecclefechan then it's very safe and we can have as many pints as we like as long as the're paid for!:)
Thanks for that hech, I'm looking into a new battery, prices etc and am sure that David from Wisper will help out, having it checked almost as we speak.
I'm afraid the New Forest, the one I was referring to is down here in Hampshire, some of it may well be in Dorset, but it's down south, so a long way for you to come :eek:, mind you the one your'e talking about sounds very nice, I'd love one day to travel up where you are and have a ride round, thanks for your help, Tony.

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
Thanks for that David, the battery is being checked shortly at Wisper in Portswood Southampton? I think thatt's where your main shop is? I'll let you know what the result is, if it is faulty I hope I can obtain the same battery for that bike, ie not now obsolete?
Would be nice to have a ride around the Forest, not much interest so far though, and I would certainly like a try on the Grace, but at £3000 I don't think I'll be buying! Will be in touch shortly, Thanks, Tony Fantini.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Tony,

Our service department is in Cheltenham, if you email them at support@wisperbikes.com they will be able to assist you. Don't worry about the battery, we have all models in stock.

If you do decide to have a New Forest ride, I will bring a few bikes including the new German Classics, they are fantastic, actually more powerful than the MX (Bosch) or the Easy (BionX), although not as sophisticated, but much more affordable.

If you have any problems with Support, please let me know.

All the best

David

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
hi, unfortunatly the links on here to buy a kettle plug type battery are no longer working....powarider dont seem to have any left, and I cant find any Battery for Woosh Sirocco 2 15AH online, does anyone know where I can get a kettle type battery for a whisper 905 in 2016 ?

regards,
Stuart

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
hi, unfortunatly the links on here to buy a kettle plug type battery are no longer working....powarider dont seem to have any left, and I cant find any Battery for Woosh Sirocco 2 15AH online, does anyone know where I can get a kettle type battery for a whisper 905 in 2016 ?

regards,
Stuart
Hi Stuart

Please drop us a line to support@amps.bike.

All the best David

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
thanks for your reply killjoy, thats interesting , i`d like to know how many miles you get out of the new cells !

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
As I say just got it so don't know yet, for reference I used to get 40mile on the original battery (but normally recharge after 25mile)