Battery not charging

Johnnyonion

Just Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Hello I have a Wisper works city 905se, I have been trying to charge the battery but it won’t charge, the charger turns green very quickly and charge indicators on battery show all green, However it’s not charged or charging, I haven’t used it or charged it for at least 5 months which I I assume is going to be the reason, can anyone help with this ? Thanks in advance

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is it in sleep mode ?
You may have to long press the switch for it to wake up.

There may be other reasons without going in to any thing technical take it to a Wisper dealer to have it checked out.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
What makes you think that it's not charged? All the indications are that it is charged. The only way to confirm is to measue the voltage on the battery's charge connector.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hello I have a Wisper works city 905se, I have been trying to charge the battery but it won’t charge, the charger turns green very quickly and charge indicators on battery show all green, However it’s not charged or charging, I haven’t used it or charged it for at least 5 months which I I assume is going to be the reason, can anyone help with this ? Thanks in advance
Li-ion batteries are not allowed to charge once below a certain minimum voltage level! There is only one way to recover it (as far as I am aware), that is to find a bike shop with a "Zero Volt Charger", for the battery voltage you have.
I only know of one company who actually sells them ($100 + postage), in Sweden, but only for 36 volt batteries.
A Zero Volt Charger, has to start the charge at a very low current, till the normal minimum voltage is achieved. When my bike was delivered, it would not charge, the company lent me one and it immediately "repaired" the battery in the first 5 minutes!!
I am attaching a copy of the document I found with the charger I was lent.
I do believe I know a way to recover a Li-ion battery, without the charger, but it needs someone who is very well up "electrically" as doing it wrong, could cause a major fire.....
But since my battery would not charge, I have simply made sure that my batteries are always over the minimum, so I have no reason to try the idea out!!
I hope that this helps you, as a "good" bike shop should be able to "recover" the battery for you. Or you may need to "Recell" it!
But do not forget that leaving the battery below "empty" does degrade the battery and shortens its life....
regards
Andy29314067_2026211004289272_5112797221699452928_n.jpg29314067_2026211004289272_5112797221699452928_n.jpg