batterys on urban mover

johnp

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2006
ba22
hi
I have a urban mover 50 36v lead acid 10ah battery 1 of the battery cells has gone dead. trying to get 3 new batterys was imposable,they dont make batterys 10am/h any more to fit the um box the only batterys I can find from electric bikes direct are 5 am/h. I have fitted 3 of these but have only got a range of 5mls has anybody out there got any idea what I can do for more range john

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Can you measure the three dimensions of a battery, specifying width, height, depth, and tell us the terminal type and post back in here please John?

P.S. In millimetres please.

Last edited:

johnp

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2006
ba22
urban mover battery sizes

Hi flec
The battery sizes are as follows H 102/D87/W111
cheers john terminals exit on D87 side

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No, that's got me stumped John, I haven't found that size.

Have you had a look at the battery that goes in the UM33? It looks as if it might go into the space on your bike, and you may be able to adapt it. It's 12 Ah so would be better if it can be fitted in. Here's the link to that model.

johnp

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2006
ba22
hi all.
The continuing story with the battery for u/m 50 the battery from u/m33 did not fit so rang electric bikes direct and they told me you cant get the batterys anymore to fit the original case so sold me 3 12v 5 amh batterys which I fitted,the bike then rode for 2mls peddling all the way and went flat
So we then purchased 3 12v 7amp batterys made a box fitted them on the rear rack,went out for a ride(all excited) 2mls down the road battery went flat.
Any ideas before we waste any more money(or would anybody like to purchase a piece of junk)
cheers john(frustrated)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I haven't stopped keping an eye out for these John, but still no luck.

The most annoying thing is that Electricbikesales are still selling models that use these batteries at £499, knowing full well that the batteries aren't available.

One other possibility if there's enough space is to fit 10 Ah NiMh cells into the case with a suitable charger and thermistor. A bit involved though, and very much more expensive.

A slightly cheaper way would be to see if a proprietary NiMh battery would fit into the same space and adapt the connection arrangements, and also have the right charger for it. One of the best prices for a Battery and Charger set is the eZee 9 Ah ones at a special price of £230, still much more than SLA though.

Last edited: