before getting a folding MiRide as a fat 6ft 4ins man, is there something cheaper or better?

timneo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 18, 2017
Essex
I'm 108kg and looking at the bright orange MiRider one with 16" wheels. Being 6ft 4ins there's no *good* option for someone my size and I'm hoping that with a bit more exercise on the mirider I can bring that weight down a bit as well.

I only need it for 2 miles on a gentle slope to the station and 3 miles from liverpool street to bond street.

I'm likely to take it to centerparcs and want the battery lockable as I hate having to carry around a battery pack which I do with my non folding bike.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
I'm 108kg and looking at the bright orange MiRider one with 16" wheels. Being 6ft 4ins there's no *good* option for someone my size and I'm hoping that with a bit more exercise on the mirider I can bring that weight down a bit as well.

I only need it for 2 miles on a gentle slope to the station and 3 miles from liverpool street to bond street.

I'm likely to take it to centerparcs and want the battery lockable as I hate having to carry around a battery pack which I do with my non folding bike.
"..Suitable for riders between 4’6″ and 6’6″!.."
Has 20" wheels which I would see as a big advantage

or

"suitable for average riders 5ft2 to 6ft, up to 17 stone,
  • Seatpost: 31.6mm diameter, your choice of low profile (for riders 4ft10 to 5ft5) or sprung or extra long (for riders over 6ft)"

timneo

Jan 18, 2017
Essex
"..Suitable for riders between 4’6″ and 6’6″!.."
Has 20" wheels which I would see as a big advantage

or

"suitable for average riders 5ft2 to 6ft, up to 17 stone,
  • Seatpost: 31.6mm diameter, your choice of low profile (for riders 4ft10 to 5ft5) or sprung or extra long (for riders over 6ft)"
Hadn't thought about Woosh and they're just down the road from me. I should probably pop by. Plus the price is right. Though the bike doesn't look as good! :)

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

timneo

Jan 18, 2017
Essex
ah that's a good compromise and substantially less worrysome to be nicked.

Though I would prefer 20" wheels :)

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
ah that's a good compromise and substantially less worrysome to be nicked.

Though I would prefer 20" wheels :)
Onebot are the original makers of that bike (and the main parts for MiRider); everyone else is just rebranding.

It's called the S6 with 16" wheels. They also make a 20" wheeled version of the same bike called the S6L here, although I've only seen that version in the UK for sale on ebay from time to time. Ebikes direct do the Onebot S9 IIRC under the brand-name Falcon, which is a derivative with 20" wheels.

timneo

Jan 18, 2017
Essex
Onebot are the original makers of that bike (and the main parts for MiRider); everyone else is just rebranding.

It's called the S6 with 16" wheels. They also make a 20" wheeled version of the same bike called the S6L here, although I've only seen that version in the UK for sale on ebay from time to time. Ebikes direct do the Onebot S9 IIRC under the brand-name Falcon, which is a derivative with 20" wheels.
wonder if they ship that one in the link to the UK? ah US only

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hadn't thought about Woosh and they're just down the road from me. I should probably pop by. Plus the price is right.
your weight is a problem for frames, especially those with a mid-frame fold like the Rambletta.
I would suggest you look into converting a bike. You have then better choice of a strong frame to start with.
As you are not far from us, please pop in to try some bikes to get a better idea what suits.