Best £1000 cycle to work scheme

Neil

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2008
What is the best electric bike people can recommend to get with the £1000 cycle to work budget. The bike would need to do an 18 mile round commute to work. The ability to modify the speed restriction would also be nice.

Neil

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
I'd get a normal good bike then spend some of your own money converting it with a kit tbh.

People argue whether the c2w scheme saves you any money but I've just finished year and my £700 Trek FX 7.5 has cost me £505 in total. Although it's now on an extended "hire" for the next three years, it's effectively mine to do with as I wish (not that it stopped me at the beginning of the "hire" period anyway :p).

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
What is the best electric bike people can recommend to get with the £1000 cycle to work budget. The bike would need to do an 18 mile round commute to work. The ability to modify the speed restriction would also be nice.

Neil
Hi Neil,

Our dealers recommend our Fast4ward range. They are all priced at £999 with 36V Panasonic batteries and good levels of spec.

As always, go and try a few bikes :)

Good luck in your search!
Mark

Neil

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2008
I am quite suprised how few bikes can be bought with the Cycle to work scheme.

Velospeed

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2009
West Berks
Our best sellers under the scheme are the Batribike Diamond and Granite, at £949. They're good dependable bikes and have a good level of equipment.

Sadly Cyclescheme take a large chunk of the profit out of any sales :(

Cheers
John

Velospeed

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes I was surprised to find that the one I used, took 10% from the shop I purchased my Brompton from.

Regards

Jerry

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
You can get an on-line quote for the Cycle To Work Scheme from Juicy Bike, here
We have plenty of options to build your bike value up and to take full advantage of the scheme.