Best Electric Bike Of 2007

C

Cyclezee

Best Electric Bike Of 2007?

Which bike would you vote for:confused:
A Kalkhoff? Ezee? Gazelle? Wisper? etc, etc, etc

For me it is no contest, it has to be the Fleccmeister's Torq Radical tbike1 by a mile or many miles, coming a close 2nd the Q Bike qbikeintro from the same stable and 3rd the Kalkhoff Agattu, all different, all brilliant;)

The pity is only the 3rd one is available, the first 2 are probably priceless:cool:

What do you think?

John

Last edited by a moderator:

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
At the moment its the torq treking for me this baby sounds even better then its brother:D and this year it has to be the Pro-Connect at last a classy good quality well made pedelec.nigel:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I would reverse that John. The Agattu is definitely the best bicycle due to it's Panasonic unit, nothing else coming remotely near to retaining good bicycle qualities in an e-bike.

The Q bike I view as the best universal bike for one bike all round use, car boot folding size, good cycling characteristics, heavy towing and load carrying ability, almost unconditional hill climb ability, quite good range, equipped with every facility, yet very fast for a folder and faster than most legal e-bikes. Nothing manufactured has such all round capability. And it's cute! :)

The T bike is definitely behind those two. Yes, it's excitingly fast giving a huge buzz, and has the hill climb ability the Torq it was born from has never enjoyed, but even more than the Torq, it's a one trick bike.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
At the moment its the torq treking for me this baby sounds even better then its brother:D and this year it has to be the Pro-Connect at last a classy good quality well made pedelec.nigel:D
More on the Pro Connect here
It will also be available with a step-through frame

I'm still working on the headline... any suggestions?

Last edited:

PedelecCommuter

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 22, 2007
Is the Pro Connect 5KG lighter or 2.2KG lighter than the Agattu??? From reading the new 50 Cycles link it would imply only 2.2KG but from other places It seems like there is a bigger weight difference.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think 2.2 kg lighter when the battery is included, judging from the site. Kalkhoff seem to quote bike weights separately, possibly because there are various sizes of the Panasonic batteries.

PedelecCommuter

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 22, 2007
Yes its a bit confusing the front page of 50 cycles description sais "20.8 kg including battery". But More detailed page sais 20.8 kg bike weight. This same bike weight is 23 kg for the Agattu. But as AtoB sais the Agattu weighed 25.8kg it would be more or less consistent with the official weight including the batterey for the Agattu being 25.4kg - implying a potential 4.6kg weight difference between the two bikes.

And back to main question of the thread. I have not ridden either but the new Agattus look to be the best bikes around to me.

Manchego

Pedelecer
May 28, 2007
Oxfordshire
Definitely the nano brompton for me. The Torq is fun, mine seems to have settled down now but needs careful power selection (Li or NiMH depending on trip and conditions). The nano brompton, on the other hand, is nearly as portable as the Brompton (I didnt expect to take it into London on the train, but I have with no problems) and just goes. I use it day in day out regardless of weather (inc over the last few rather wet days).

Canadian Cadence

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2007
.... due to it's Panasonic unit, nothing else coming remotely near to retaining good bicycle qualities in an e-bike. ....
Do not forget the BionX equiped bikes plus Matra and OHM that are using this system on their production bikes. This system equals (if not betters) the "rideability" of the Panasonics.

I know that these are not readily available in the UK but the kit is a viable option for someone wanting excellent bike handling characteristics with lots of power (350 model) on a bike that they now own or is a better fit for them.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I had excluded the BionX because it was a kit, but don't agree on the cycling quality. Yes, it's very rideable, one of the best, but it doesn't have the normal bicycle character in the same way, adding pulses of power to each pedal stroke into the drive chain by the chainwheel exactly as if all the drive came from enhanced muscles. It's still clear on the BionX that the motor is a distinct separate source.

As you guessed, I was only considering what was available to me, since including everything would have brought in the newest BikeTech models and others with the Panasonic unit.