best folder

12xu22

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
Hi guys, been away for a while, and been bikeless for a while, I am looking to buy a new folder this weekend, and I have a few choices:
Kudos Cheetah: I've had one before, they are great fun, a tad heavy
Woosh Zephyr: Know nothing about this but i like the look of it and its affordable
Fast4ward Edge: Again had one of these, great bike, tad overpriced

In the interests of variety I am edging towards the Wooosh, any one ever taken one for a spin?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Hi guys, been away for a while, and been bikeless for a while, I am looking to buy a new folder this weekend, and I have a few choices:
Kudos Cheetah: I've had one before, they are great fun, a tad heavy
Woosh Zephyr: Know nothing about this but i like the look of it and its affordable
Fast4ward Edge: Again had one of these, great bike, tad overpriced

In the interests of variety I am edging towards the Wooosh, any one ever taken one for a spin?
How about our Kudos Secret,currently £150.00 off until November 30,weighs about 18-19 kg(5kg less than the Cheetah).
Have added some intro photos to our website,as much about showing what a lovely bike riding location along the seafront-we intend summer 2013 to have a local Kudos Roadshow,all are invited(including Bosch powered bikes-Eddie)-Ride along the seaside.
Dave
Kudoscycles

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
When you say best folder I assume you mean a ready made ebike folder.

If not then then there are lots of alternatives and you will get a better original bike for you money, but of course will have to fit a kit/DIY.

10.5kg incl motor fitted.

The battery (as large or as small 1kg) carried in the clip on/quick release front bag.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

12xu22

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
How about our Kudos Secret,currently £150.00 off until November 30,weighs about 18-19 kg(5kg less than the Cheetah).
Have added some intro photos to our website,as much about showing what a lovely bike riding location along the seafront-we intend summer 2013 to have a local Kudos Roadshow,all are invited(including Bosch powered bikes-Eddie)-Ride along the seaside.
Dave
Kudoscycles
Crazily enough I have owned one as well if you recall, had to sell it, yes i fancy one in black, how do you get the discount?

12xu22

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
Amazing conversion Jerry but I imagine a) that cost well over £1000, and b) it is beyond my technical expertise

ajb9

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2012
newhaven east sussex
RE THE DISCOUNT FOR KUDOS BIKE,S, go to kudos site buy the bike on line and put PEDELECS in upper case on payment part, has to be before the 30/11/12, a friend is buying a kudos safari next week the same way, hope this help,s

12xu22

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
shame about the low gearing

just reading the review of the secret reminded me of the perennial problem of low gearing on electric folders, every single one i have owned (four at the last count) had ridiculously low gearing, making it impossible to pick up speed downhill, or even cycle at any pace on the flat. Contrast this with, say, the Dahon Speed P8, which manages a phenomenal range of gears on one sprocket, never understand why the elctric ones are geared so low as to make the gears virtually useless... you just stick it in third and control with the motor. I have fed this back to Kudos and Fast4Ward, but the gearing remains as it was... just who out there wants such low gears???

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Although formally you should place the order online,with the PEDELEC code I am happy to accept the order by phone to get the offer of £150.00 off-the idea was to give a xmas offer to pedelec members.
Yes it does come with the carry bag.
The centre mounted battery(in frame)does make the bike nicely balanced.
Dave
Kudoscycles

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Amazing conversion Jerry but I imagine a) that cost well over £1000, and b) it is beyond my technical expertise
Thanks. Just as a point of correction that should have read 11.5kg with motor fitted.

Regards

Jerry

12xu22

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
Although formally you should place the order online,with the PEDELEC code I am happy to accept the order by phone to get the offer of £150.00 off-the idea was to give a xmas offer to pedelec members.
Yes it does come with the carry bag.
The centre mounted battery(in frame)does make the bike nicely balanced.
Dave
Kudoscycles
thats a great deal, for me the bag is the clincher, i will probably go for the Secret in black ... a dark secret, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
thats a great deal, for me the bag is the clincher, i will probably go for the Secret in black ... a dark secret, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I think the Sunlova 20" folders (re-branded eco-something) were nice folders and great value at £599 but you don't seem them much anymore on eBay.. there used to be a Chinese guy living in Brum selling them with a distribution deal with 8-Fun but I'm not sure what happened..he seems to have switched to selling uncovered bikes and kits.

I rather like the Whisper 20" folders but think they're a bit expensive at over 1.5k.

I'm a bit biased and think the best way to get a decent folder is to make your own! Start with a classic good spec bike a Dahon (JetStream P8) or if you want super compact, a Brompton or a Mezzo.

12xu22

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
Total change of plan, the gearing is such a problem to me that I have opted instead for a Dahon Impulse P21 in immaculate condition, 21 gears, and a lovely bike for a mere £200... now I note that at some point Dahon produced and Electric version of an Impulse, anyone got any ideas as to how, where, when and how much in terms of converting it to electric, would have to be a front wheel drive as this has hub gears, any thoughts? Don't say do it yourself, cos that is not going to be an option ....

jhruk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Total change of plan, the gearing is such a problem to me that I have opted instead for a Dahon Impulse P21 in immaculate condition, 21 gears, and a lovely bike for a mere £200... now I note that at some point Dahon produced and Electric version of an Impulse, anyone got any ideas as to how, where, when and how much in terms of converting it to electric, would have to be a front wheel drive as this has hub gears, any thoughts? Don't say do it yourself, cos that is not going to be an option ....
Dahon have produced some 20” electric folders but I can’t recall any front wheel drive models of their own, although they did make so many models that I may have missed them.

C H White do there own front wheel drive Dahon conversions and would probably do yours if asked. The Electric Wheel Co. is another option. I doubt either would be cheap though.

Why no DIY..? It’s very easy - you need one of these kits plus a battery and allow half a day to fit it. I did and am still very pleased with the result :

Dahon Impulse Conversion

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Yes much more like it... Came out top in extra energy test

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Yes much more like it... Came out top in extra energy test
With exactly the same battery and motor as rest of the NEO range !!!!!

PMSL

Last edited:

12xu22

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
just took the impulse for a spin... amazing... it is so nippy it hardly needs electrifying ...