Best Halfords bike for 3.2 mile each way daily commute?

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
im looking to replace my aging Woosh Krieger with something a little bit lighter and more suitable to my daily commute to and from work. I think ive narrowed it down to the Halfords options due to ease of access for warranty and also 10% british cycling discount/8% zeek giftcard discounts.

My commute is maybe 2ish miles flat, 1/2 mile slight hill, 1/2 mile hill and a combination of cycle paths/parks/roads and im 13 stone.

My choices obviously comes down to 3 options, Crossfire-e, Vulcan, and the rather sexy looking new Crossfuse.

In the summer i do sometimes like to take a bike ride along the river with is mostly dirt track and i do plan on using it all year round whatever the weather so not sure which option is best.

Helps!

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
im looking to replace my aging Woosh Krieger with something a little bit lighter and more suitable to my daily commute to and from work. I think ive narrowed it down to the Halfords options due to ease of access for warranty and also 10% british cycling discount/8% zeek giftcard discounts.

My commute is maybe 2ish miles flat, 1/2 mile slight hill, 1/2 mile hill and a combination of cycle paths/parks/roads and im 13 stone.

My choices obviously comes down to 3 options, Crossfire-e, Vulcan, and the rather sexy looking new Crossfuse.

In the summer i do sometimes like to take a bike ride along the river with is mostly dirt track and i do plan on using it all year round whatever the weather so not sure which option is best.

Helps!
With the price hike of both the Crossfire and Vulcan to £1200, they don't represent the greatest value they once did when at £1000 earlier in the year. You got the option to go cheap with the Vengence at £800, lower end kit and bafaung hub drive (nothing wrong with that) and a lower 8ah battery, but unlikely to suffer the cutouts of both the Crossfire and the Vulcan (Suntour HESC setup)
I love my Crossfire-e and is perfect for my 12 mile daily commute (similar terrain as your route), but if I was buying again now I'd probably push the boat out and go for the Crossfuse

Peter Thornton

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2017
Kendal
I’d go for the Bosch powered Crossfuse, but you need to try some test rides. Some people prefer hub motors and others the crank drives.

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
ive already taken the Crossfire-E out on a test and took a little getting used too as its all torque sensor and could really tell it was back heavy compared to my mid drive Krieger.

Sadly neither of my local halfords have got the Crossfuse in yet to try so im keeping my eyes peeled.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
bit out of my budget range im afraid