Best Helmets

roborobo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 20, 2011
Very quick question, any recommendations of safty Helmets used with 'pedelecs' (usage is on and off road , 2/3 tarmac 1/3 offroad)

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Hi, the Casco E.Motion helmet is excellent - only helmet I've ever used myself - very light, well made and comfortable

Casco E.Motion Pedelec Cycle Helmets

And we're dropping the price by £5 from £109.95 later this morning too.

Last edited:

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I really like my Casco eMotion, but i got it for £90 on sale at Evans Cycles, must have been end of line, because they dont seem to have any more.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
I really like my Casco eMotion, but i got it for £90 on sale at Evans Cycles, must have been end of line, because they dont seem to have any more.
I like the ear warmers need them for my jumbo's:D

deadmonkey

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2010
GL12
I was too much of a tightwad for the Casco (sorry Tim ;) ) so got one of these BRENTWOOD : Bern

Luckily I haven't had to test it's strength, but I have been laughed at by two groups of schoolkids in the last 4 months, although tbh that may be the rest of my ensemble (skullcap, luminous vest, overtrousers, oversocks, you get the idea).

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I like the Bern ones too, but i have three cycling helmet and two motorbike helmets and only one head to put in them.:rolleyes:

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
I have a specialized Aurora helmet which i brought brand new from the Cyclestore.co.uk

Bike Helmets

Cost pennies as it was an end of line helmet. But i was after one for a while as it was also Snellapproved instead of just EN1078 approved.

roborobo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 20, 2011
Thanks for all the advice, went with a matt black 'Bern Watts' with Removable earpads ;)

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
I was too much of a tightwad for the Casco (sorry Tim ;) ) so got one of these BRENTWOOD : Bern
Now THAT'S more like my sort of price. Did you get it in the UK, and if not, any idea which online store you used? REI have them for $44 at present, which is much more sensible than those soppy £100+ things.

Allen.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK

Jerry :p

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I rate the Specialized stuff as the fitting systems are all good, they are cheap and have good venting. Despite being on an ebike I raise a fair old sweat and don't want to wear something warm.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Ah but with a Casco and some shades you look like:

Which is worth £100 anyway. Now just need the Heckley & Koch for road rage incidents :D

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
I've got a flashing blue light if you want it - you could tape it to your Casco.

A

deadmonkey

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2010
GL12
Arf - "prototype shown, final product may be slightly different".

If only that caveat could accompany everything in life.