bh emotion evo city

mrtc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 24, 2014
north staffs. for my sins
So i have to omit. You lot were right. My fold up is unsuitible for my commute.

Been a shop and saw this for 2 grand.

Emotion evo city. It looked awesome but what do you lot think

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Looks a decent bike which is nicely equipped for commuting.

Unfortunately, there's been lots of negative experiences posted on here about BH bikes.

There will be two sides to each sorry tale, but my thinking is why take the risk on a BH when there are lots of other bikes with better reputations.

For info, presumably this is the BH model you are considering:

http://e-motionevc.co.uk/store/product-info.php?pid333.html

mrtc

Nov 24, 2014
Ok so can anyone surgest a nice commuting full size bike thats well made. That can do the odd 40 mile journey on my days off work as well as the main 20 mile a day commute. Id like a bike that reuses the energy from going down hill into the battery. If thats possible

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Regen is no more than a gimmick, the amount of power you could generate over 40 miles might just take you another 100m - downhill.

However, it's a harmless gimmick, so if you still want it a KTM Panasonic hub bike is as good as any.

Regen does rule out Bosch powered crank drives which is a pity.

Lots of choice of maker and style, and the 11ah battery would do 40 miles, assuming they weren't too hilly and you were prepared to put some effort in.

Another option is Kalkhoff.

The importer 50 Cycles has some offers at the moment.

A lot of their bikes have big - 15ah or 17ah - batteries, which is never a bad thing.

There's a post on here, or the obvious link:

http://www.50cycles.com/

Reactions: mfj197

mrtc

Nov 24, 2014
Ok so i have 3.5 grand to spend. Thankyou to my grandad
He is going to buy me and him a full size electric touring bike. Any more surgestions he is loaded and will spend up to 7k on 2 bikes.
Im struggling to find a decent bike. Every shop i go seems to just want to sell their preferred brand not whats best for me

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Lucky boy :cool:, does he want to be my grandad as well ;).

Reactions: D C

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Mitch.....we have 2 new bikes due in next week,named Rapide and Sonata(step through). These bikes are specifically designed to be used for commuting but using the technology which we have learnt from our mountain style bikes. They have the powerful BPM motor,Tektro hydraulic brakes,Shimano Deore 30 speed gears,King meter display.Priced at £1395.00 you don't have to spend £7k to get a nice bike.
The London Electric Bike Company have some spy shots available and will be the first dealer to receive stock bikes.
KudosDave