Big Bear by Woosh

FenRam

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 9, 2014
Picked up the Big Bear yesterday.

First impressions is a sturdily built machine that's very easy on the eye,

Bearing in mind I'm a chubber at around 20st - dodgy knees and asthma I took The Bear for a 12 miler today.
The ride was enjoyable using only level 1 on the assist even on the hills (the hills are not up to much in Cambridgeshire) didn't use much battery at all just a pleasant experience all the way round.

The horn is something else - like a 3 minute warning prior to a Nuclear attack.

Cons: I would love it if the assist was faster - getting to 15.5mph is so easy with a bit of peddling - is there a way to de[restrict The Bear ? yes I know it's illegal but frankly I'm not concerned as the law is ludicrous and will take my chances.

All in all lovely machine - will update this quarterly so people can get an idea of the bikes performance

Reactions: gordon581
D

Deleted member 4366

I'm not sure what the maximum speed is. It'll not be very high because it's good climber, which means a low speed motor. I'm pretty sure that you can reset the maximum speed in the display to stop that annoying cutting in and out at 15 mph.. Press and hold up and down buttons to enter the setup where you can change the speed limit.

Last edited by a moderator:

etves

Just Joined
Jun 30, 2011
London
I have the step thru big bear very pleased with it goes up hills like a tank and. you are right when going up hills the motor does keep cutting in and out but, I am just astonished to be going up hills at that speed

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Yes I think from reading some stuff on this that 17 mph is within the tolerances and is perfectly legal. 30 kph is just above 19 mph and that works very well too.

The Kalkhoff I bought gives some assistance to just over 17 mph.

Oh, I was replying to trex's post about using 17 mph. But he's deleted it.

Last edited: