Bike Expo (Finland), lots of ebikes

Sherman

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
Spent some time at the local sports/bike/golf/fishing etc expo (GoExpo). There were loads, and I mean LOADS of ebikes this year. The test track was solely for ebikes. I snapped a few photos of the most interesting (to me) bikes.

These are all different ebike models displayed by probably the largest ebike reseller here (electrobike.fi):
1 - electrobike.jpg

Test track, only for ebikes.1 - test track.jpg

Lots of cargo bikes. Electric assistance makes sense here. I've already seen a few on the streets.
2 - cargo bikes.jpg

Cannondale, can't remember model name. Looked pretty slick for a city bike.
3 - cannondale.jpg

Fantic fat bike with Brose motor. This one is something like a sports model:
4 - fantic1.jpg

And this one for touring:
5 - fantic2.jpg

Felt Bruhaul. It's just so cool to my eyes.
6 - felt bruhaul.jpg

Forca. Price ~4000 Eur.
7 - forca.jpg

KTM was in full force and of course they showed the new version of the greatest bike on earth, KTM Macina Freeze:
8 - greatest bike on - earth.jpg

Although Hibike integrates the motor more beautifully:
9 - hibike intergrated.jpg

Last edited:

Sherman

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
..continue

Haibike Fatsix. Again nicely integrated motor and battery:
10 - haibike fatsix.jpg

Riese and Muller cargo bike. Looked like a tank: 11 - riesemuller.jpg

Probably the most beautiful bike on show, Riese and Muller Blue Label. The photo does not make justice:12 - rs bluelabel1.jpg

Stealth had couple of bikes. There was also a red one which I liked more but didnt't get a good photo. 13 - stealth.jpg

Also very beautiful. Trek Superfly: 14 - Trek Superfly.jpg

Not ebike related, but fun anyway and would pair nicely with an ebike. Not sure it's legal though, I believe bike width is limited by the law.15 - sidecar.jpg

There were also lots of hub driven city bikes, but as I'm not really interested in them so no photos, sorry. Manufacturers and resellers are really pushing ebikes, remains to be seen if they catch on here.