Bike fell down..

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
I was on the train and was sure my bike was secure but it come to a sudden stop and came crashing down, the bikes chain came off and the bike stand was all twisted hanging in the way of pushing the bike around so that part got taken of by a commuter, but when i got of my stop i couldnt peddle with the electric at the same time, i could use the electric aslong as i didnt peddle...any ideas on how it can be fixed?

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
Couple of simple things
Check that the chain is on the chainring front and on the rear cogs, and not slipped off .

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
If the chain is on the cogs but it doesn't move the rear wheel when peddaled then the freewheel is bust.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If you take out the battery and then turn your bike upside down Gaynor, you'll see the pedelec disc behind the chainwheel. It's black plastic with a ring of magnets in it as you'll see from the photo below. Alongside it is a cable connected sensor. It should all look like the photo. If the stand breaking off or chain jumping off has broken the pedelec ring or bent the sensor away from the disc, the pedelec mode won't work, only the throttle:

pedelec.jpg

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
If you take out the battery and then turn your bike upside down Gaynor, you'll see the pedelec disc behind the chainwheel. It's black plastic with a ring of magnets in it as you'll see from the photo below. Alongside it is a cable connected sensor. It should all look like the photo. If the stand breaking off or chain jumping off has broken the pedelec ring or bent the sensor away from the disc, the pedelec mode won't work, only the throttle:

View attachment 3350
Hmmmm it doesnt look like the above (eeek my fingers are black and nows the laptop!) ...its upside down and im turning the pedal, mostly only the back wheel moves..get a little bit of movement from the front wheel, im eager to fix the bike now the weathers better and I have that better battery.
The stand is gone, it got twisted off somewhere near London bridge on the train as i couldnt wheel it with a twisted stand, so someone twisted it off for me...i'll take some pics...

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
Now, as the accident was a few weeks ago I just remembered, the day the bike fell i was useing just the battery to get me past the town but when i tryed to turn a corner the power wouldnt stop i paniked and ended up on the floor with the wheel spinning like mad while my hand wasnt even on the throttle, i realized i could of used the off switch while on my back on the floor!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Those pics are looking in the wrong place Gaynor. My photo is of the rear of the chainwheel where you'll see the plastic disc and sensor. The sensor is under the bottom bracket that holds the pedal shaft, and the pedelec disc is on the pedal shaft.

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
Those pics are looking in the wrong place Gaynor. My photo is of the rear of the chainwheel where you'll see the plastic disc and sensor. The sensor is under the bottom bracket that holds the pedal shaft, and the pedelec disc is on the pedal shaft.
Does this mean my bike is in really bad condition, is it fixable?

I was thinking of paying Halfords cycle shop to fix the chain but after what you tell me I dought they will be able to help.. im still thinking 'whats a pedal shaft?' Im useless at this!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I can't answer that without knowing the condition of the parts Gaynor. The pedal shaft is the shaft that runs from side to side at the bottom of the frame's seat tube and has the crank arms and pedals on it. On one side there is the chainwheel, the large toothed wheel inside the front of the chainguard. That pedelec black plastic disc is on the shaft just behind the chainwheel. That and it's sensor are very similar to the photo I've shown you above. I need to know if it does look correct like that or whether any of those parts are broken or bent.

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
Im wondering why my bike is the same as yours, its your Quando right? But underneath looks so differant, i'll take another pic asi dont know how else to explain about the parts..
bikehelp.jpg

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No, that's not the area Gaynor, I'm not concerned about the stand at present, more about the pedelec not working. For that I need you to look at the rear of the chainwheel, not the stand fixing area. The Quando isn't identical there because of the chain cover, but it still has the pedal shaft with the chainwheel, the disc behind it, the sensor and cable.

Since the stand support plate on the frame is broken away, it's not realistic to try a repair for that. Once the pedelec side is sorted, another type of stand could be fitted.

P.S. 50cycles don't handle any eZee products now, since the end of 2007 in fact.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks Gaynor, those two photos are helpful. The sensor is ok and the pedelec disc is in place ok. That disc that you can just see on the shaft should be very close to the sensor in the chainguard mounting plate, but not quite touching. If that's the case, the pedelec problem is elsewhere and I can't tell what that is at a distance.

The chain is on at the front, so you need to check if it's on the sprocket teeth at the rear wheel as well.