Bike fell down..

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
The chain is on at the front, so you need to check if it's on the sprocket teeth at the rear wheel as well.
You mean making sure the chain is correctly on the front wheel, so thats 'sprocket teeth', im learning all these new bike lingo words :)

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
Ive got the bike on it's back with the battery in it, when I turn the throttle it IS turning the back wheel around.... it does seem to spin for quite a while, so thats a relief as i thought it needed re-wiring, think i need to take it outside to see what happens when i try to ride it...

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
The chain is on at the front, so you need to check if it's on the sprocket teeth at the rear wheel as well.
I'm sorry, I read you wrong, im too hasty to get the bike fixed.... Anyway you was correct I went outside with the bike and couldnt ride it as exspected, then got a neighbour to help, he noticed that the reer sprocket was not attached to the chain, it was close so easierly missed, so right away I set off on my bike.. but I did bare in mind about the throttle problem, even if its turned off near the handle bar it still spins and doesnt likw stopping, its quite scary at times!
So I have to hold on to the brakes untill it slows down, i wish the OFF button wasnt on the side of the bike as thats the only thing that stops it fast, its very unpredictable..

Anyone had this sort of problem?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If the throttle does not shut off at all, it's probably damaged in that fall with one of it's magnets adrift. However, I need to make sure that is what you mean.

When you first switch on the bike, does it want to run away by itself, without you opening the throttle?

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
If the throttle does not shut off at all, it's probably damaged in that fall with one of it's magnets adrift. However, I need to make sure that is what you mean.

When you first switch on the bike, does it want to run away by itself, without you opening the throttle?
When I first get on the bike and twist the throttle I have control, it doesnt want to run away.....it seems after a bit of riding it has a mind of its own, its such a drag taking/walking the bike uphill walking beside it as i dare not twist the throttle a bit like i used to to help me up, it will go up in the air with the wheel spinning like crazy!...... the bike seems slower but ive gained 4st after a certan medication.
But when the bike gets this non stop throttle problem it is very problematic and can be dangerous..

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It doesn't seem like a faulty throttle control, since a magnet adrift inside would give erratic results, including when you you first get on. Since it only happens after riding for a while, it may be a controller fault once it's warmed up or shorting in the throttle wires after the fall it suffered. Impossible to tell which at a distance though. It obviously needs skilled attention to that electrical problem, but that gets back to the problem of who and where, nowhere around Hastings suitable.

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
It obviously needs skilled attention to that electrical problem, but that gets back to the problem of who and where, nowhere around Hastings suitable.

Im wondering if theres people that work in London, or anywhere south, that have to go up to the 50cycle repair shop up north on a regular basis, well if there is such people could it be possible if they could help me get my bike up north Its a fold up) ,i would pay of course, and I have tryed the courier link but because of the distance no one comes forward, with Parcel force I dread to think of the price of an electric bike being taken up north, you see I dont see where else it can be fixed?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't think 50cycles will be able to accept a repair job for it Lynda, they left eZee five years ago and have no spares access. The agents for eZee currently are Onbike.

Probably best to email 50cycles first to confirm what I've said, then think in terms of getting it to Onbike if they say they can handle the repair.

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
Probably best to email 50cycles first to confirm what I've said, then think in terms of getting it to Onbike if they say they can handle the repair.

Wow that long ago!!!!...so my bike is over 5 years old now....doesnt time fly eh?

Yes, will contact them tommorrw, thankyou

Last edited:

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
I notice they are based way up north which is a problem, i dont drive
OnBike Ltd
Unit 330
Hartlebury Industrial Estate
Kidderminster
Worcs
DY10 4JB
England

I cant speak to someone until 10.30 they might say they cant fix it anyway? Wow the cheapest fare just to get there by train is over £70!

Last edited:

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
Hi Gaynor,

I am no electrician, but I have built 4 full size aeroplanes and am quite practical. I live in Battle, so only a few miles from you. Can I offer assistance, if only to identify the likely cause such that the experts on here can recommend a likely fix.

If you think it might help contact me on here by way of 'Personal Messaging' and we can arrange for me to have a look for you.

Best regards
Eaglerider