Bikes with Rohloff.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
I'm seriously thinking of getting a new bike this Spring and am being drawn to this IGH. I know Riese & Muller offer it on their Delitte and Charger GX, but is it offered on any other make of ebike as factory OEM?

Thanks.

Rohloffboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2015
North West.
Haibike used to offer a model with the Rohloff, as for the R&M Charger GX that has to be the best a Rohloff equipped ebike around at the moment, nice to see that R&M have done the job properly by using Sliding Drop-Out instead of a chain tensioner.

I have been riding my Rohloff equipped none ebike since 2004, and I am just biding my time now for the right Bafang Max Drive ebike to come along, and will be dropping my Rohloff igh into that, when the time comes.

Of course the compromise may be that I will have to use a chain tensioner, but that's no biggy really.

My Sunday rides are around 20 miles, but at 57 with a wonky knee some of the steep hills are taking there toll, even with 41T up front and 17T rear, so a little help in the form of 250w (90nm) motor, will be heaven sent.

Don't get me wrong, the Rohloff is beauty to behold, although the 13.6% gap between gears will be a little overkill for an ebike, the ideal solution in my mind would be a Rohloff with just 7 gears, and gaps of 27.2% which would give the same range just in bigger steps.

Anyway as Rohloff will not be making a 7 speed igh anytime soon, it will be a case of sticking with what I have got, and as the saying goes, "what will do more, will do less"!