Blow up

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
I need to change my rear tyre on my Forza at present 26 x 195 , i would like something bigger what max.size reccomended ?

please note only fitting on rear i would like to fit 2.25 any problems ?

thanks in anticipation..

Last edited:

FJJ

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2011
West Lothian
I'm running Schwalbe Big Apple's 26 x 2.35 - superb tyres but you do need to watch clearance as mine just fit my Rock Shox fork can hardly get a finger in between the typre and lower crown at 60psi! They are just ok on my rigid fork too, about 2mm between the topeak mudguard attached to the steerer tube and the tyre!

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Sounds like your pretty much at the limit as it is.
2mm isn't that much in space for the tyre to flex etc.

HypnoToad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 13, 2012
I need to change my rear tyre on my Forza at present 26 x 195 , i would like something bigger what max.size reccomended ?

please note only fitting on rear i would like to fit 2.25 any problems ?

thanks in anticipation..
I'm in the exact same boat as you, I want to throw some bigger tyres on to my Forza, but the mudguards are pretty restrictive. Did you ever go for any 2.25" tyres in the end and if so, did they fit?

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
Hi yes fitted ok just enough clearance on mudguard , feels much in comfort, when front needs changing will consider fitting same.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The 2" Schwalbe Big Apples also give much more comfort than average tyres and are much easier to accommodate than the 2.35".

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Yep. I fitted a 2.25" Fat Frank and it just fits, but doing the same again, I'd likely just go for the 2" to avoid any worries about sidewall rubbing.
The comfort difference is amazing, though. That fat tyre, combined with sus front and sprung seat is like riding on air.