BMS Board

fusion.wind

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2017
Scotland
Is there a standard layout for BMS boards? I've got one which is originally from a Woosh made? battery held in a HL case but can't seem to find any data for the BMS. Most of the pins are obvious like the temp and the battery level and the connectors to the battery packs/charger, but the balance wires - 50/50 chance that I get it right which I hope to reduce these odds. Also there is a ceramic capacitor, is this there to be nice when the charger is connected? It's cracked, so will need a new one but I would have thought this to be on an AC side rather than a DC side?

The balance wires, is there a way to measure which way round they should be?

Failing everything, what are peoples favorite BMS boards if building a 36v 10s5(or maybe 6)p battery? It's only a basic battery, so don't reckon it'll need smart programming or blue tooth. Cells are Samsung 26H so not mighty amounts of current either.

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't know whether I'm getting thick in my old age, but we get one of these sort of posts every day, and I haven't got a clue what you're on about, so I can't help you.

Can I make a suggestion? Show us what you have, then tell us what you want to achieve in simple sentences.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we have spares if you are stuck.
Just email support.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Some boards have 1+ & 10+ for 10s written on the reverse side of the pinout. Other wise with the pinouts facing you start with 1 on the RHS & 10 far left, will also depend on how many wires there are some have more then 10. If 11 then the first Black goes to neg along with batt neg.

If the bms is still connected then easy to find correct order with a meter.

fusion.wind

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2017
Scotland
Here is what I've got:

B0-B13 are the pin labels. B13, also seems to have COM written next to it and this was what confused me as I couldn't work out then why there are 6 wires from B0-B5 then gap (filled in with glue) and then 5 more. It makes sense what you've said, that the first black wire is -ve.

The other side:

Sadly, this is no longer connected. The rest of the wiring, now forms part of the structure of a road.

Admittedly, I was looking and comparing with connectors such as:

and is why am still a little unsure about the BMS board that I have salvaged that the pinout isn't seemingly as simple as others are.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'll ask Andy the pin out of the balance wires for you tomorrow.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have to say some of my bms are pinned in reverse to my post # 6 however pack neg are all next to pin out for group/string one sense wire.

In your pic which isn't razor sharp is that a - in front of B0 ?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Andy said he has many models so can't be certain. He usually check the voltage or where the balance wires go before replacing the BMS. On the models that has B0-B13, B0 is connected to B-, so the 11 wires are mapped to B0, B1,.., B10 for 36V (10S) batteries and B11, B12, B13 are needed for 48V (13S).
B13 is connected to B+ on the cellpack.

Yours have 11 wires, 10S. Does it make sense now?

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have to agree with the above also like one of my BMS's it has 2 x groups of wires configured in the same order and then 5 & 6 also 2 random colours.
BLK = B0 Neg cell1.
BRN = B1+
RED = B2+
OR = B3+
YEL = B4+
GRN = B5+
WH = B6+
BRN2 =B7+
RED2 = B8+
OR2 = B9+
YEL2 =B10+