Bosch battery not fully charging

tribalecho

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2010
Guernsey
Hello,
I recently (3 months ago) replaced my old Raleigh Dover with a new Raleigh Motus which I'm generally very happy with. However, over the past few weeks, the battery seems not to fully charge. The last light flashes and doesn't stay on, however long I leave it charging for. Then when I disconnect, the 4th bar also goes out. So I'm left with 3 bars out of 5 after many hours of charging (anything up to 48 hours). The handle-bar unit and the battery indicator on the battery itself both seem to agree.
Any ideas?
I've booked the bike in for its first service next weekend, but wondered if anyone else had similar experience.
Thank you

tribalecho

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2010
Guernsey
I unplugged it after charging overnight (showing 3 bars) then plugged it in to charge again for an hour, and now showing 5 bars. Weird.

tribalecho

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2010
Guernsey
The bike has just had it's first service and I mentioned the battery charging problem. The shop tried charging my bike/battery with a different charger, and using my charger on a different bike/battery. All fully charged ok. I bring my bike home, but same charging problem. Charges to 4 full bars only.

kinega

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2014
Bristol
The bike has just had it's first service and I mentioned the battery charging problem. The shop tried charging my bike/battery with a different charger, and using my charger on a different bike/battery. All fully charged ok. I bring my bike home, but same charging problem. Charges to 4 full bars only.
Mine did this last week, was on charge all night but final light still flashing. Put it back on bike & showed full charge & has been OK next time I charged.
Hoping it was just a 1 off hiccup

tribalecho

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2010
Guernsey
Hi Kinega, I hope you haven't had any further problems with your battery.
I tried a conditioning charge, but it hasn't helped. Yesterday for instance, after an overnight charge, when still plugged in, display showed 4 bars and flashing 5th. I disconnected the charger, and showed 4 bars. After 3 miles riding, it's down to 3 bars. :-(
I've emailed Bosch so hope they can help.

kinega

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2014
Bristol
So far so good with mine, no further problems. Please keep me updated with the outcome on your battery.

tribalecho

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2010
Guernsey
Thanks Kinega and Martin.
I passed that information on to my dealer, who said they'll be able to do the system update and diagnostics soon as one of them will be doing the necessary course, so that's great. In the meantime, they've lent me one of their chargers.
Yesterday (my charger) I got 3 bars after all night charging, with range of 14 miles. It went down to 2 bars after 4.5 miles.
Today with borrowed charger, it's showing as fully charged with 5 bars (and even turned itself off - mine has never done that!) after 3-4 hours charging.
Very happy :)
Thanks again and I'll update here.

Reactions: VictoryV