Bosch Classic about to die?

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
Unlike in the Volt thread... Ilkley Cycles may not be totally up to speed compared to the more specialized outlets, but in this case they are really making an effort to sort this out and I have to credit them for this...

It would have been so easy for them to say, sorry mate but its knackered..

Not referring to Volt bikes here , just the specific dealer mentioned in the other thread.
phill

When you buy a product it should be covered under EU sales of goods - I can't recall if it's 5 or 6 years warranty - so I wonder if the LBS could claim anything back from the manufacturer bearing in mind the motor only lasted 3 years ??

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so as a new motor has it got 2 year warranty with it?

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I would like to say all my bikes are clean, but I am a bit lazy and that's not the case..
I now have three.. Oh Heck! where will it end!!
Time to sell one?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
warranty ? or that it?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id hope so too after handing over the old motor as well tho you can buy a new gen 1 without sending back the old motor but he got some off the new one so not that bad.

id have still kept it for spare parts.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if a product is replaced under warranty, you don't get a new start date. But in this case he's just bought a new motor, so this new motor will have a new warranty.

my xd hub got replaced under warranty and has same warranty as bought new.

cant say no when its stamped on the side of it :)

bebbe

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2014
Regarding change engine on the Classic. Is it possible to change it and then just plug it in and go? Or do I have to "activate" in some way?

Skickas från min iPhone via DX8

phill

When you buy a product it should be covered under EU sales of goods - I can't recall if it's 5 or 6 years warranty - so I wonder if the LBS could claim anything back from the manufacturer bearing in mind the motor only lasted 3 years ??
sorry only just noticed this... the Sales of Goods Act doesn't cover business to business transactions, so the LBS can't use it in its negotiations with the manufacturer.