Bosch Intuvia HMi headset thing.. Shutting down

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
This morning the display unit showed a message 'shutting down'... It was stuck on that and would not power up or down.

Martin kindly told me this would need to power down ie battery go empty and message would go away.

Aproblem I have now is charging it back up again. I remember charging my previous Bosch unit and it displayed a message saying usb connected... Now this unit does not say anything. I have tried the unit off my other bike and again it does not say usb is connected.

I have tried different cables, charging plugs.. It is connected to mains or to usb and same 'nothing' happens.

Any idea?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
If it's dead flat it might need to be on charge for some time before it shows signs of waking up.

I expect you have left it on charge for a while, but just in case....

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
thanks... It is the fact there seems to be no indication of connection or charging that makes me assume something is amiss.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Just tested, it's exactly the same on mine. No symbol saying it's connected or anything but if I do this:-

Take the charger lead out.
Switch off the Intuvia.
Plug the charger lead back in.

On plugging the lead back in the head unit 'wakes up' for a minute or two then the lights go out again.

My head unit is fine so if yours does the same as the above then I'd guess it is fine too.

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Thanks for your reply and making the effort to do a check you side - that is very reassuring. Just got up early to test it before making other arrangements to go to work if the charging did not work.. Will update later. X