Bosch Intuvia USB take off! What can I power

countryman663

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2013
NWest Lake District
According to Bosch I can recharge my phone/MP3 with the USB power take off on the side of the Intuvia display unit and on the forthcoming 2014 versions of the display.

According to the specs this unit puts out 5V @ 500mA. Would this be enough to charge USB lights for example. Any thoughts or experiences anyone? :confused:

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi there,

You will have to purchase a micro USB to USB connector for a few quid.
I would say its enough to keep say your iphone going when the battery's low however I would not rely on it to charge your phone completely up whilst riding.

Most phones / gps etc charge from low voltage. For example your typical iphone charger that plugs into 240v mains will output at about 5v 2.1 A.

If you wanted to connect lights you'd be better off using the specific lighting outputs on the motor and hard wiring them in for constant use using a Bosch lighting cables.

Hope this helps.
Martin

countryman663

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2013
NWest Lake District
Hi there,

You will have to purchase a micro USB to USB connector for a few quid.
I would say its enough to keep say your iphone going when the battery's low however I would not rely on it to charge your phone completely up whilst riding.

Most phones / gps etc charge from low voltage. For example your typical iphone charger that plugs into 240v mains will output at about 5v 2.1 A.

If you wanted to connect lights you'd be better off using the specific lighting outputs on the motor and hard wiring them in for constant use using a Bosch lighting cables.

Hope this helps.
Martin
That's the kind of info: thank you

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
5v 500mah is the USB standard, so it should charge anything that charges off a normal USB socket. Pretty much any phone, although it ads and tablets require higher charging rates in some circumstances. Worth noting the Nexus 7 doesn't... Big screen gps mapping? :)