Bosch Power Stations

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
People who make long, frequent journeys with their eBike now have a better solution. Starting summer 2018, Bosch eBike Systems is introducing its own Power Stations network in France, Italy and Switzerland. With this new service, our Power Stations will offer you new possibilities to discover amazing locations further afield. Choose the Power Station you want to reach and use the routing feature (top right arrow) of Google Maps to guide you.

The Power Station is offering you six secured lockers to place and charge your battery. You can charge all Bosch batteries as Powertube and Powerpack.

You can take out the battery and recharge it for free in one of our many new Power Stations. Always keep the key with you to remove your battery.

The 4A Standard Charger from Bosch eBike Systems will charge your battery while you can enjoy a lunch, dinner – or just a rest!

Last edited:
Reactions: danielrlee

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In Britain I'm afraid we are at least a million e-bikes short of having facilities like these. Our circa 200,000 of many different often lightly used makes are too thinly spread for it.

This might become useful for those who'd like to tour parts of the continent with their Bosch powered bike, using Eurostar to get to a good start point.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I also suspect after reading that thread about someone having a lock picked and two ebikes stolen recently, that bad eggs would soon learn to pick the locks on these cabinets and walk off with several hundred pounds worth of batteries. CCTV does not seem to deter these people unfortunately.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
In Britain I'm afraid we are at least a million e-bikes short of having facilities like these. Our circa 200,000 of many different often lightly used makes are too thinly spread for it.

This might become useful for those who'd like to tour parts of the continent with their Bosch powered bike, using Eurostar to get to a good start point.
Take your charger and call into any McDonalds. There are sockets under most tables.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I also suspect after reading that thread about someone having a lock picked and two ebikes stolen recently, that bad eggs would soon learn to pick the locks on these cabinets and walk off with several hundred pounds worth of batteries. CCTV does not seem to deter these people unfortunately.
Those other countries have got Police Forces.
We used to have one.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Those other countries have got Police Forces.
We used to have one.
I was going to say "what is CCTV?"

Anyone need a Bosch motor? There is a bike which has been badly locked to street furniture just around the corner for about 10 days. It even has pigeon poop on the saddle...

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Something like lockers at pools would be good, just needs power point and some venting. Pay for xhours and locker uses coded entry. Could also be used for phone and laptop charging.
Best have them in a cafe for security, plus cafe is likely to get some business.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Not sure if needing to take battery to charger is the best approach. Is there the option to carry a cable and charge in bike?

As I have suggested before, something like this could and should be added to car charging stations.

Would also be rather good if they were not locked down to Bosch.