brake stud peg mount pivot anyone?

giguana

Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2007
where one can I get one of these? And what are they called? Have been trying to even just find the name of them and all I can find is a photo. has anyone got a spare pair to sell in their garage? I can swap for voltage converters and some strong red luxeon lights or something? I think I need an 8mm one.

http://www.jerseycycles.com/images/zzz5.jpg

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
There has been a discussion of these in the past when I needed a longer pair when replacing a Tekro brake with Shimano. The concensus at the time was that are hard to find, no one on the forum having seen any as aftermarket spares. My solution was to make extension spacers for the existing pair.
The most likely source is probably an old fashioned bike shop who if all fails may be able to salvage a pair from a scrap frame or forks.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The same here, and last time I needed a different one for the T bike, I had to turn one up myself as I drew a complete blank on supplies. I just call them brake mounting pegs.

If you are completely stuck and can't find a scrap frame somewhere to salvage some from, a local engineering works may turn a couple up for you at a moderate cost.

Now this has cropped up, I'll try to get an answer for the future from one of the small British bike manufacturers, since they must be able to source them from somewhere.

M

mk1

They are also known as Cantilever or V brake bosses. Your local bike shop might have some kicking about.

giguana

Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2007
yes i'll try that, have to be sure if it fits okay.
I have found some online, but titanium ones, and I am a bit in the red.