Brexit,actually the UK has come out rather well.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
we're in danger of getting into a debate, that I'm afraid you won't win if you think the majority voted for Brexit.

They didn't. That's a simple fact.

You think in a referendum for change, that people not voting means they want the change, that's nonsense I'm afraid. It clearly shows a status of not understanding the question, or a happyness with the status quo. If they didn't fancy change, why bother going to vote when all predictions were that remain would win anyway.

Also the fact you don't think it'll make much difference to you, also means you're not aware of the impacts of leaving.

So there is no point me trying to explain things to you I suspect.
You are probably right and I am not bothered about winning or losing a debate so it doesn't really matter, although I actually thought the majority voted brexit.. don't know how I got that one wrong..
I must admit to being a bit worried in the begining as I, like many, thought it was a foregone victory for remain... but all the instant end of life as we know it forecasts just didn't metrislise.. my biggest concern is how the elite's of this world are using their wealth, power and influence to change the vote.

You are probably right and I am not bothered about winning or losing a debate so it doesn't really matter, although I actually thought the majority voted brexit.. don't know how I got that one wrong..
I must admit to being a bit worried in the begining as I, like many, thought it was a foregone victory for remain... but all the instant end of life as we know it forecasts just didn't metrislise.. my biggest concern is how the elite's of this world are using their wealth, power and influence to change the vote.
Its a simple lack of understanding of statistics, don't beat yourself up about it ;)

Its not just the elite who want to keep us in the EU, you know. That's pretty judgemental to assume that.

Also Elite, does mean:

"a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society"

So to be honest I'd personally trust them on this more than the public vote from people who really don't understand the issue, and in many cases voted on emotion.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
This all so much reminds me of my early working days when the bully boy union boys always won the strike vote becuse threats of violence or damaging your car kept the moderates in line. The introduction of postal ballots stopped all this and handed the power to the sensible majority. It's the same here.. you can kick the working man as hard as you like, just don't be surprised when given the chance he rebels..

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So to be honest I'd personally trust them on this more than the public vote from people who really don't understand the issue, and in many cases voted on emotion.
well, some may not have correctly understood what the EU is and does, but they know when they get a kick in the teeth and voted with their emotion.

well, some may not have correctly understood what the EU is and does, but they know when they get a kick in the teeth and voted with their emotion.
ah, see there is the problem. They've had a kick in the teeth, and lashed out in the direction they were told to. The problem is they were told to lash out against the elite, but Farage, Johnson, Gove etc etc. who clearly are the Elite, so a large number of people who voted with their emotion have done something that is against the needs of this nation.

You can't run a company, country etc etc on emotion, you have to think about causes and consequences, and look at evidence and the advice of experts. Otherwise you make a decision based on emotion and loose everything.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So what are you saying ? The politicians, dont tell the truth, they openly lie, misdirect , bend the truth to suit their agenda, manipulate figures and statistics to prove a dubious truth..
Yes, that is exactly what happened. I just give an example around just one of many false figures:

The campaign claim that we paid £350 millions a week to the EU was a direct lie, since our rebate is deducted before payment, slashing the figure actually paid, In addition much of what remains is returned in regional grants, meaning the final figure is cut to a third.

It was also stated in campaigning that the £350 millions per week would be diverted to the NHS. It hasn't been, will not be and couldn't be, since it never existed in the first place.

• Disagree
Reactions: Live_Steam_Mad

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Usual - and continuing - patronising 'you don't understand' claptrap from the remainers.

While they fiddle, Rome, or rather Brussels, if not quite burning is beginning to smoulder.

This all so much reminds me of my early working days when the bully boy union boys always won the strike vote becuse threats of violence or damaging your car kept the moderates in line. The introduction of postal ballots stopped all this and handed the power to the sensible majority. It's the same here.. you can kick the working man as hard as you like, just don't be surprised when given the chance he rebels..
again, you're suggesting the working man voted for this. I know loads of working class people who voted remain.

The problem is it wasn't the EU kicking the working man was it??.. it was the UK government decisions over the past 30 years and globalisation.

Neither of which will be changed by leaving the EU.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
ah, see there is the problem. They've had a kick in the teeth, and lashed out in the direction they were told to. The problem is they were told to lash out against the elite, but Farage, Johnson, Gove etc etc. who clearly are the Elite, so a large number of people who voted with their emotion have done something that is against the needs of this nation.

You can't run a company, country etc etc on emotion, you have to think about causes and consequences, and look at evidence and the advice of experts. Otherwise you make a decision based on emotion and loose everything.
It doesnt help your cause tho when all the doom and gloom threats didnt happen..

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
again, you're suggesting the working man voted for this. I know loads of working class people who voted remain.

The problem is it wasn't the EU kicking the working man was it??.. it was the UK government decisions over the past 30 years and globalisation.

Neither of which will be changed by leaving the EU.
Maybe not but migration will be under our own control

• Agree
Reactions: Izzyekerslike
Usual - and continuing - patronising 'you don't understand' claptrap from the remainers.

While they fiddle, Rome, or rather Brussels, if not quite burning is beginning to smoulder.
it's only claptrap is its proven to be claptrap, currently 8 months or whatever we are in. I've not heard a single reason for leaving the EU that actually makes sense from a leaver. Not a single one.

So yes I'm afraid I'll continue to use the " you don't understand " line because its not patronising, its simple fact.

unless you want to prove me wrong??

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Maybe not but migration will be under our own control
Most of it always has been. The West Indies, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, The Phillipines, Thailand aren't in the EU, but those and others outside the EU are where we've been getting the majority of our immigration from. All of which we could have stopped but didn't.

Once again the EU getting the blame for what our UK governments do or permit.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
the threats and impact of leaving, will only happen when we leave!!

This just proves the " you don't understand " point made above.

Currently we're in the EU, so how can the impacts of leaving be felt now?
Well, on the programs I watched the chanceler said there would be an emergency budget, pensions would go down and much much more. When that didnt happen all you can say is well we havnt left yet, but that is not what was threatened.

Well, on the programs I watched the chanceler said there would be an emergency budget, pensions would go down and much much more. When that didnt happen all you can say is well we havnt left yet, but that is not what was threatened.
YES, BECAUSE IT WAS SAID THAT WE'D TRIGGER A50 IMMEDIATELY

we didn't because cameron resigned, and so far no one has the balls to press the button. Do you wander why that might be?

When we leave, if things do or do not happen, then you can say the predictions were right or wrong. Currently NOTHING has changed.

Look, you can all gang up, bully and SHOUT at me all you want..
It doesnt change the fact that You lost, we won.
Accept it and move on.
lol and there we have it... the defense of someone who has no defense.

You've given a number of reasons, all now proven to be simply incorrect.

So you've resorted to the " you lost, we won" classic.

and you wonder why the people in power are trying to work out a way to get around this vote, when its clearly based on this kind of logic.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

and you wonder why the people in power are trying to work out a way to get around this vote, when its clearly based on this kind of logic.
Which is infinitely better than I know better than you so do as I say... isn't that bullying?
And you haven't proved anything really. There are just as many links out there to prove the opsite of what you say. Your views on the eu migration issue is dependant on where you live...

• Agree
Reactions: tillson

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

I have given a number of reasons.

They've had a kick in the teeth, and lashed out in the direction they were told to.
You have no proof of that. Looking for a complicated answer where the obvious will do. It's like Marmite.

• Agree
Reactions: tillson