Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the Daily Mirror
"
Immigrant children 'forcibly given drugs' to manage trauma of being separated from their parents at detention centres
Human rights advocates warned against using medication as "chemical straight jackets" after some children said they had been held down and given injections"

So the chief idiot has cancelled the separation order?
How about paying reparations to those his idiocy has abused?

Even that this is being alleged stains the reputation of the USA, if it proves true then the rest of the world should break off diplomatic contact and regard them as a pariah state.

Sorry Trump, but really you are unsuited to high office, when you have to be told how to behave morally by your wife and daughter.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
In the Daily Mirror
"
Immigrant children 'forcibly given drugs' to manage trauma of being separated from their parents at detention centres
Human rights advocates warned against using medication as "chemical straight jackets" after some children said they had been held down and given injections"

So the chief idiot has cancelled the separation order?
How about paying reparations to those his idiocy has abused?

Even that this is being alleged stains the reputation of the USA, if it proves true then the rest of the world should break off diplomatic contact and regard them as a pariah state.

Sorry Trump, but really you are unsuited to high office, when you have to be told how to behave morally by your wife and daughter.
If it’s true.

We’re the migrants forcibly loaded into trucks and made to go to the USA or did they choose to gamble their family of their own free will?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If it’s true.

We’re the migrants forcibly loaded into trucks and made to go to the USA or did they choose to gamble their family of their own free will?
Your point being that somehow he was justified?
And in a country built by refugees fleeing Europe totally bizarre

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
About the same level of justification that exists for entering a country illegally and gambling your children in the process.
No tillson I'm amazed you can't see the difference as it is huge.

Persecuting innocent children because of their parent's actions is the action of a Fascist fanatic.

Where on earth are you getting these strange ideas from?
No one EVER can justify separating families unless it is because the child is in danger from it's parents, and no Moron who thinks himself some sort of messiah figure should be allowed to get away with it.

This is a crime against the children's Human rights, a disgrace to any country

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
didn't Mr Trump opt out of the UN Charter on HR?
Seeing the pictures of children penned in wired cages like aninals confirms my long time suspicion that he is a disgrace to the office of the President of the United States of America.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008

Persecuting innocent children because of their parent's actions is the action of a Fascist fanatic.

No one EVER can justify separating families unless it is because the child is in danger from it's parents, and no Moron who thinks himself some sort of messiah figure should be allowed to get away with it.

Maybe the children are in danger from their parents. What kind of parent would place their children at the very heart of such an illegal enterprise and one carrying very high risks too? A totally reckless uncaring parent, set on a mission of personal gain? The plan came unstuck- boohoo.

• Dislike
  • Disagree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

I am with OG on this. Immigrants, are not criminals .. they are immigrants. Only when a court makes a decision can they be classed as criminal. Using a reductio as absurdium arguement, where you to fall from one of your aircraft while traveling the US or indeed Europe,and lucky not to have died in the fall, would you be an immigrant? Yes would you be automatically a criminal.. no
The situation regarding the children of immigrants is even more stark. They are not active agents in a criminal enterprise, they are required by law to obey their parents , who themselves are not criminal, and yet they are being severlys punished.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Maybe the children are in danger from their parents. What kind of parent would place their children at the very heart of such an illegal enterprise and one carrying very high risks too? A totally reckless uncaring parent, set on a mission of personal gain? The plan came unstuck- boohoo.
Does the concept of refuge and refugee escape you?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Stop digging, this is one you simply can't win
And why try? you are supporting a monster.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and Jimod

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there are criminals hiding among immigrants and governments can refuse their application for visa or refugee status, but immigrants are certainly not criminals. Travelling without your passport is not a crime, is it?

• Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
there are criminals hiding among immigrants and governments can refuse their application for visa or refugee status, but immigrants are certainly not criminals. Travelling without your passport is not a crime, is it?
Come on - really? You don’t believe that to be the case anymore than I do.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Come on - really? You don’t believe that to be the case anymore than I do.
I agree that they don't just forget bringing their passport but we have a separation of powers and a legal system, illegal immigrants still have to be taken to Court and their plea heard. While they wait for their day in Court, they can't be treated as criminals.
It's not a perfect system. If there were, immigrants wouldn't need a visa in the first place.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
That depends on the chemistry but there are lots of safe cells.
I assure you, you can do something like this with modern Lithium ion batteries (no LIPO ones though).
I cut up one of the pouch cells myself to see, the 18650s are even safer. You can drive a nail through them and it smokes a lot but won't set fire to anything.

Maybe because the energy density in a LiPo pouch is much higher? Mine are 10 Ah so probably 4 x the energy and are capable of 150 Amps in bursts.

I have over 3000 km of safe LiPo riding and others here have much more, LiPo users tend to be careful with their battery. This is what happens if you forget to dispose of Li-Ion cells in time:

18650.jpg

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Guardian
I give you the very latest Confidence Trick designed to con the Brexit Voters
"
UK unveils post-Brexit EU citizen settlement scheme
Home Office promises online fast-track registration process with staff available to help
The government has promised to fast-track the registration process for EU citizens who want to stay in the UK after Brexit, with decisions on applications to remain in the country reduced from six months to “a matter of days”.

Unveiling details of the “settlement scheme” for EU citizens, the Home Office promised that the application process would be “short, simple and user friendly” with a default position of accepting rather than rejecting applications.

Applicants will be asked to prove their identity, that they have no convictions, and that they currently live in the UK.

Well if that isn't free movement of people, I don't know what is!

What are the chances that Brexit Voters are so bored by now that they fall for this porky?
Brino here we come:)

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Why would there be so much violence and poverty in Central America? Could it be because of actions of their neighbour to the north? Could that neighbour have put in place corrupt regimes that play by it's rules?

Yes I think fleeing poverty and violence is justification to say "honey grab the kids we have to get them away from all this, let's go try our luck up north".

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Another company scurrying out of the R.O.I to the UK up north before the drawbridge gets pulled up ....

keep `em coming, plenty of room here.

Brexit planning sees Shannon firm Eirtech expand in Belfast

An Irish company will set up a Belfast base and create 124 jobs to "future-proof" the UK part of its business against a hard Brexit.

Eirtech Aviation Services is a manufacturing and aircraft repair firm headquartered in Shannon, County Clare.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44563979

Has to be said these company directors, chairmen etc are more in touch with Brexit reality than a few no-marks babbling on incoherently and posting cringeworthy internet pics on some obscure bike forum

Advertisers